1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need dvd writer advice

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by toostrike, Aug 20, 2004.

1. toostrike

toostrike Guest

Hi everyone-I am geting a new pc soon,and need to find a good dvd writer for backing up some ps2 games.

1.What are some good brand names,and what is the average cost.

2.I have burned alot of games and music on a cd writer,but the never used a dvd writer.I have been looking through the forums on this site,and there seems to be plenty of software for backing up games using a dvd writer.Before I waste blank dvd's can some give me advice on what software is the best,and which software programs to avoid. Thanks in advance.

2. Deeman

Deeman Guest

Ask the same question in the ps2 forum threads. But I'd say that most people use ritek discs.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

1. I will only recommend a Pioneer - 106/107 or the new 108...........I have only EVER used Pioneer and would not consider any other brand.....
    avg cost between £45 - £60...........(UK).

Others will recommend other brands - Liteon/Nec/Lg/Plextor, all are good burners.........but I have never used them.......

2. As Deeman suggested, duck into the PS2 forum and have a look there, plenty of goods in there.....

But for the record, suitable software - Dvddecrypter, Alcohol 120%, Recordnowmax.............