1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need For Speed Underground 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by blk5oh, Nov 17, 2004.

1. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

Does anyone know if the PAL version will work on the NTSC PS2? I know some games will like THUG 2 and others.

2. asdf_jags

asdf_jags Member

you gotta patch it buddy, or elso no it wont, use adrenalin patcher (ADR patcher) and put a PAL to NTSC (no y axis) on it and that'll fix ya up. If you don't and burn it as an image, it will be black and you will se lines scrolling up your screen.
    Hope this helps, any questions post back

3. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

are u sure, not to be offensive, but like tried it as pal on ntsc and it doesnt work? there are some games that you dont have to patch and it will work.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  4. lckobrth

lckobrth Member

I've been trying really hard to get games to convert from PAL to NTSC. I've heard that some TVs (very few in the US, apparently) can display the PAL signal along with the regular NTSC. If yours does then you don't need to try patching. I don't believe it works on a game-by-game basis. Oh, and by the way, I never got a game to work on my TV using ADR patcher. though your mileage may vary, I suppose.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  5. teggy

teggy Regular member

the pal to ntsc patch from jaytee's geocities site is all you need to patch NTSC to PAL. or else get a PAL to NTSC patcher.

But as you said if you have the PAL signal then it will work. It's like DVD's my SF2V works on my PAL machine but my tv isnt NTSC compatible so its grey with scanlines but Its still watchable. However I dnt watch it on that tv anymore. Of course you need the mod chip or a method of swapping other wise it wont work. My SF2V well I had to make my PS2 region free. So aslong as ur machine is capable of playing backups then it will work as long as ur tv supports the signal.

To finish in short...

PS2 must be chipped or be able to boot backups via swapmagic +flitop/slide card.
    If the game is PAL/NTSC it will work if your TV supports the needed signal. If the tv doesnt support the needed signal then and only then is when u need to patch the image.

6. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

i think you guys misunderstood me, i just wanted to know if the pal version of nfsu2 will work on a ntsc ps2 as it is, without converting or anything like that to the cd image. the pal version of thug 2 will work on the ntsc ps2 without patching the cd image. but i got the ntsc version of nfsu2 now so, it doesnt matter. thanks anyway though

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well I answered the question. I said if the tv has the PAL signal then it should work. As long as you can boot imports. But if thug2 worked then obviously your TV has the PAL signal.

8. blk5oh

blk5oh Member

alrighty let's clarify some stuff. i live in the usa i have ntsc ps2 and a ntsc tv. i had several bad experiences in getting pal games and me not being able to see them. but there are some "special" ones like THUG 2 which just plays normally, PES4 works but it asks you to set your framerate. so i all i wanted to know was if someone played a pal version of NFSU2 on a ntsc ps2 and if it worked normally or if there was a framerate selector. thanks for all your input.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004