1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for speed underground 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Usion, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Usion

Usion Guest

just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as I am. I've downloaded the image from suprnova.org of nfs underground 2 and I have no trouble burning it to dvd but when I play the game the video is scrolling up the screen all the time. Kind of like on an old TV when the screen continously goes up. I thought that it might have been the image so i downloaded another image that was a different size and the same thing is happening. I have burned it with dvd decryptor and Alcohol 120%

Any Ideas

:p

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

The game you downloaded uses the PAL video signal. Usually, you can patch the game to NTSC. However, this game can't be patched. Your best bet is to get a dms chip as it has an option to automatically convert the signal to NTSC and center the screen. I have bought a pre-mod from www.xmodd.com and I would recommend their service.

3. Usion

Usion Guest

Thanks for the help!
    :)

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

If you have the money, buying a tv that supports the PAL signal would be the best option.

5. okboz

okboz Regular member

what size was the ISO image when extracted?

6. okboz

okboz Regular member

Dont listen to any of the above. Just backed up need for speed 2 and it was about 3.7gig. Burned to Ritek G04 orange fronted discs (stated G05 in decrypter) at 4x and it worked first time in colour. All you need is swap magic V3.3 DVD loader pal version and flip top lid. Oh yes anmd by the way......this was my first ever attempt at a ps2 game!!!!! If you want to know where i got my discs from and fliptop then i will post links if rules allow

Boz

7. MaSHi

MaSHi Member

another problem with NFS: Underground 2.

i have installed the game and run the game, the menu seems to be ok. it's just that when i play the game i.e start driving, you cant see the enviroment and the car, you can only see the speedometer, map and lights from the lamps and cars. the rest are just black screen..

8. MaSHi

MaSHi Member

Don't worry guys, i got the game working now...

just needed to download the latest video drivers.

anyone having the same problem, do the same.