1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need For Speed: Underground 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Thweet, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Thweet

Thweet Member

I've copied alot of games and have had minor problems before. But i've burnt this 4 times and each one has trouble loading etc. Is it the game or the DVD-R's im using? I was reading the big thread on 'how to copy ps2 games' and saw something about games that have online play and sum code u hav to attach to the copy or something. Could this be the problem? PLEASE HELP

2. okboz

okboz Regular member

I would say it is the dvd-r you are using or the method used to burn it. I used ritek GO5 disks and swap magic for ps2 version 4 and this gmae works fine everytime

Boz

3. Thweet

Thweet Member

Thanks 'okboz' since i posted this (yesterday) ive read tonnes of forums on DNAS, and now i no thats the problem. however i cant get the damn util to work read all the steps, maybe coz im in new zealand and we use PAL? any ideas?

4. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

Maybe its different for everybody...but i used alchohol 120 with memorex dvd+r and it worked.. i didnt have to deal with any of the dnas crap.....but other games i have tried dont work..ratchet and clank, blood rayne, harry potter. I don't know what the deal is

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

The DNAS doesn't stop the game from being burned. You can still make a copy of the game and it should work just fine. The only reason you patch your games is so that you can play it online, if it isn't patched ypu can still play it just not online. What media are you using?

6. Harerazer

Harerazer Member

I had probs with this one too but it always loaded up, just had bad loading times, glitches, freezes, etc. Use DVD+ media instead of DVD-. The +format discs are better when backing up your games that stream info from the disc altho they may suffer longer initial load times. I only use DVD- for games that load and store large chunks at one time (DBZ Bukokai 3, for example). Any game that constantly reads is better burnt with DVD+. I switched with Killzone, NFSU2, and GTA San Andreas and now every one works flawlessly other than very long startup times. GTA takes about 5 minutes to load from a saved game but afterwards runs fine. NFSU and Killzone are just fine. Also burn at 1x, if possible.

BTW, I use Swap Magic, Maxell DVD+, Fuji DVD-, Alcohol 120%, DVD Decrypter. I tried Ritek but the discs don't work with games or movies at all. I've gotten 7 dead burns so far using the same methods that every other disc uses. Saty away fro Ritek.

7. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Actually Ritek used to be very good media. I don't know what happened but now they are crap.

8. Thweet

Thweet Member

Thanks guys, NFSUG2 had the long loading times etc and music froze. i read that this is coz of the dnas and now i no first hand that patching dnas codes isnt ONLY for online play. some games (especially new ea ones) play up wen u bak them up. but i patched it with id insertor and burnt it and it works fine. so if any games eva have soundtrack issues and long loading times try patching it. im so glad ive got it working. i literally have 10 coasters coz of the game. dvd+ dont seem to work on my ps2 ive only tried with budoikai 3 tho. worked fine on - r. Cheers guys!