1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rshetty, Feb 1, 2004.

1. rshetty

rshetty Member

I tried to burn 'nfs underground' by nreo cd from the original cd.
    but i am not able to play the game using this cd
    may be it is copy protected.
    is there any way out to copy this game.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

rshetty,
    I promise to be nice but when you leave caps lock on= SHOUTING! Please fix in any reply post here at Afterdawn forums (deeply appreciated). NFS Underground is Safedisc 2.9 cd protected m8. Programs you'll need to use: Alcohol 120, Blindwrite 5, DiscDump& FireBurner, Paddus DiscJuggler or CloneCD. First you must determine if your cd burner is a "qualified" 2 sheep burner (EFM encoding). We have a sticky thread when you enter CD-R forum so check to see if your make& model is on the list or feel free to post here.

http://www.portmac.com/N.htm

Shoey :)

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yeah and it makes things hard to read. Post edited.

4. rshetty

rshetty Member

oops! Sorry for the caps loc on
    ok
    I tried burning the image by alchol 120% selecting the safedisc 2/3 option but while reading it prompts error "error in read" etc.
    regarding CD-ROM its LG DVD/CD ROM & burner too is a LG
    i have no idea if its 2 sheep or etc...
    Please suggest me how can i proceed with copying this CD.
    I appreciate the quick response.
    Thanks

5. rshetty

rshetty Member

Sorry the make is
    lg gce/8520b
    thats what i could get
    thanks

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It is common to encounter read errors when reading the image of a Safedisc 2.x\3.x protected cd. In the log you'll see this during 1-10,500 sectors of the NFS Underground Safedisc 2.9 protected cd so ignore m8. After you've read the Safedisc 2.9 protected cd image to your hd, now burn slow using the Safedisc2 or Safedisc 2\3 datatype profile. When all finished play the backup in your dvd\cd-rom and see if the backup will play. if it does then uninstall Alcohol 120>reboot>try again. If the backup plays in your dvd\cd-rom then your LG combo is a "2 sheeper", if it doesn't the LG combo is a "1 sheeper".

7. onestop

onestop Regular member

Hello rshetty,

Why bother to copy NFSU, just do a full installation into HDD and you can have better gaming effect with a powerful GPU Card. Playing game on CD-rom can slow down performance and that little delay can cause you to lose the entire game. Cheers....

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

My backups of Safedisc 2.9 (all kinds) play just as fast from my dvd-rom as they do from a virtual stealh drive m8. Besides, rshetty posted:
    rshetty wants a hard disc backup and if rshetty prefers to use a virtual stealth drive (later), I recommend. rshetty wants to know if the Lite ON 16x cd burner can defeat Safedisc 2.9.

9. Leafer367

Leafer367 Member

Can one of you guys give me step by step instructions to burn NFS: Underground using Clony XXL, Alcoholer and Alcohol 120% on to a CD-R. It would be very much appriciated if someone did this. You can send the instructions to Leafer@angrydiablo.zzn.com or post them here. Thank you.