1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for speed underground

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SikWitIt, Mar 16, 2004.

1. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

At first none of my backups worked properly but after a thorough laser clean I could get all of my backups to work even on cheap DVD-R media like Sentinel.Exept for Need for speed underground.It loads perfect untill the race actually begins.It's like I'm driving in 'ghost city'.I have to wait like 3min. each time for a part of the track to appear.I can drive around but apart from the higher buildings everything is white.I'm sure the backup is ok 'cause the swap magic screen gives me a blue border so I'm gessing it's the laser having trouble loading the images in time.Should I get a new laser?

2. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

My other backups are Madden NFL 2004, Def Jam Vendetta, Tiger Woods PGA 2004 and Pro Evolution Soccer 3. I use nero 6 and a BTC1008 dvd writer.

3. PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer Regular member

I would suspect the media/burning speed used for the backup.
    I had a similar problem with my backup of GTA III.
    The original had scratches in it and I used cheap media at too fast a speed.
    I got some good media to back it up on, read and burnt it at the slowest speed possible, never had a prob with it after.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I'd agree with ps2gamer, the ps2 is probably not reading all the data off of the dvd fast enough to have it work properly. try slower speed and if that doesn't work, better media.