1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP ABOUT MOD CHIP

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by KEGNFOOL, Mar 2, 2005.

1. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

Im looking at getting a Mod Chip now. I was going to get the flip top. I odreed one from ps2cover.com and never recieved it. Then I foind this . Has nyone tried this. ?? :: DMS4 EZI Lite Solderless Mod Chip E.Z.I. :. Found on Console Source. Is the chips the way to go?? I just want some in sight on this product before trying. Please help! Thanks!

2. djscatter

djscatter Guest

It is a solid chip, but simply being solderless doesn't necessarily mean much.

1. Easier to install (yes)
    2. More Reliable (no) my opinion
    3. If they are so good why does 99% of modders use soldered?

3. speedi

speedi Member

The Mod chips that need to be soldered are Cheaper that's why

4. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

so speedi.....What are you using? what should I go with? Solderless Chip.....or a flip top?

5. spyman

spyman Regular member

the reason modders use solder option, nothing is more reliable than a properly soldered system.

cost is less, but with install its more right.
    most users don't want to play around with their systems internals, a lot can go wrong, and prefer to spend the extra few bucks getting a proper soldered system, everything setup for them, and not risking damaging anything.

also if you have a v9/v10/v12 you need to apply fixes that need to be soldered.