1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help ASAP, PLEASE PS2 problem?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by joshmo, Mar 22, 2004.

1. joshmo

joshmo Member

Ok heres the deal I just got my new plextor x708A burner, I have ritek 4X dvd-r discs. I have a fifa 2004 and the new james bond game Iso files. I tried burning them both at 1X with nero, and my ps2 will go to the screen where you can choose between your memory card and ps2 disc, a ps2 dvd disc will appear so i click on it then it does nothing but go back to the same screen. I have a messiah so this should work. Any suggestions, my ps2 makes a fast spinning sound when I put in the dvd then it sounds like it stops running. The wierd thing is that my ps2 will play dvd movies and cd-r games, so I must not be doing something right. Also sometimes the "please insert a ps2 disc format cd" with the red in the background. But still wont play it. Help please

2. jsevold

jsevold Member

Did you just have the modchip installed or have you ever had it playing burned dvd games before? You may need to recheck your install job, make sure it was soldered correctly.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  3. joshmo

joshmo Member

its been installed for about a year and plays cdrs fine but ive never been able to burn a ps2 dvd game before so ive never tried it.

4. jsevold

jsevold Member

Well burning dvd games is a pretty simple thing to get right, and with dvd-r, a plexter, and a burn speed of 1X they should be bullet proof burns.

If you installed it than you should be inclined to open it back up and look over the install job. If it was a friends ps2 before it was yours than maybe get him to look at it with you.

5. Insaniac

Insaniac Member

You need to do the laser azimuth adjustment and\or adjust the white cog at the back of the CD tray.

If you need more help, feel free to PM me.

6. joshmo

joshmo Member

Im kind new to this so i dont know how to pm u, but where can i find out how to do those things u listed.