1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help ASAP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by girron, Mar 2, 2005.

1. girron

girron Member

i have tried everything to install a new hdd to my xbox. i hooked up both hdds and tried ftping. i tried running a new evox boot up disc. i tried installing new hdd to comp and uploading back up files. i dont know what to do. the next thing im about to do is break it. i cant even get into my old hdd. keeps coming up with error 7 saying somethign is wrong with hdd

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The error code your are getting means( Error 7- HDD Timeout) this basically means the xbox was able to locate a hd but it's not responding. Check your IDE Cable and your connections. You have a brand new hd or was it in another Xbox?? Put your sytem specs on here so that we can further help you.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. girron

girron Member

i have a xecuter 3 modchip. was running the evox dash but transfered most of my files to my pc. i have a western digital 200gb hdd.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

did you use configlive to format the hd?

the x3 bios has a tool built in so that you can format the hd...in the configlive menu there should be a hard disk tools option...from there you can format the hd...then when you are done, you can ftp from configlive and put everything onto the new hd.

5. girron

girron Member

i'm cant even access the x3 os. also now i dont have any of my saved games or apps on the hdd and i cant ftp the xbox. i put the boot up disc i made in and the evox dash comes up. not sure what to do. should i get new cables or anything?

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

If you can't access the X3 OS then check your install. I'm not sure with the X3 but with the Xenium if the install was ok then you would at least boot up to the OS. Did you install the chip yourself?? Flash yourself???.....etc.etc..

7. girron

girron Member

i flashed it but i think i flashed it wrong and somehow flashed the exox instead. i had a store install it. right now i dl a boot up disk and it wont load with the new hd but it does boot with the original not sure why

8. girron

girron Member

also i cant copy any files to my original hdd through ftp keeps saying 5 files failed to transfer. not sure what to do on getting my new hdd in and running