1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help backing up "21"

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Ibenak, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Ibenak

Ibenak Member

I need help backing up my copy of the movie 21. I used MTR to rip the movie and it came back with an error of the disc has bad sectors. I am new to Mac so any help would be great.

2. Hard

Hard Member

Do you have the newest version of MTR out? If not, it's possible 21 has a new protection on it that your version wasn't built to handle. Are you using the MTR that you currently have to pay for? In case you didn't know, MTR was free for a very long time, however the newest version now is not free. The old (free) version has not been updated in quite awhile and will not rip alot of the newer dvds. What I've personally done is used Parallels, it allows me to run Windows XP on my mac. I then use DVDFab HD Decrypter (which is a windows program) to rip any dvd. Here is the link - http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

If you need any help running Parallels, just let me know.

3. Ibenak

Ibenak Member

I don't have the newest version of MTR. I didn't pay for MTR. I will have to look into that. I am not really interested in running XP on my mac. I do have a laptop running XP. I will have to look into DVDFab HD Decrypter. Thanks for the help.

4. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

My process for ripping using XP:

dvdfab to rip

fixvts to 'tweak'

dvd shrink to compress

imgburn to burn

5. Hard

Hard Member

If you don't mind ripping them on the laptop, the dvdfab is sweet. As for running Windows on your mac, it's very fast. It's nothing like the old Virtual PC as far as speed. It's very simple also.

6. Ibenak

Ibenak Member

Thanks for the responses. I think I will rip them on the laptop (ones I have issues with) I was able to use DVDFab and it worked great. Thanks for the help. I just don't know about running windows. I went with mac to get away from windows and all the hassle with it.

7. david456

david456 Regular member

I don't believe I'm giving away any secrets, but you can search RapidLibrary.com for MacTheRipper for the lastest (m) release and several previous releases.

8. Ibenak

Ibenak Member

Thanks I will check it out.