1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help backing up 360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by shammy80, Feb 16, 2007.

1. shammy80

shammy80 Member

I bought a Premeir X-Box 360 that already has the Samsung modded drive from someone at Ebay. I have read multiple forums and still cant get my games to backup. What is the best technique and software to use? I have literally over 60 hours in this already. Please someone help me.

2. alyt

alyt Member

Heres a tutorial

if you want to backup from an original game you need SH-D162C dvd rom drive with flashed with KREON V0.81 for your pc. however if youve downloaded the game you simply burn the image with cloncecd or imgburn.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. shammy80

shammy80 Member

I have the Samsung TS-H943A Drive. So, I cant use this drive to copy original discs? It will just play already created backups?

4. alyt

alyt Member

yes you can use the drive in your xbox 360 but you will have to open it and connect to the pc everytime you want to creat a backup. I would reccoment gettting the samsung pc drive. its far easier and doesnt cost that much.

5. shammy80

shammy80 Member

What about the "hotswapping" technique using a DVD rom drive? Will that allow me to backup an original disc without using the Samsung drive that I have? I'm basically looking to see what I can do without buying another drive.

6. shammy80

shammy80 Member

I'm also using the 0800 file on a CD loaded in the samsung drive so that the pc will recognize the Samsung drive. Should I still do it that way? As you can see, I have A LOT of questions. I REALLY appreciate all of your help.

7. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

If you dont have the samsung sh-D162c drive then you will have to get your xbox drive to be recognized on your computer then you can use isoripper and clone cd to burn the game.

8. shammy80

shammy80 Member

I was able to get the game to extract using WX ripper. Do I need to get the SS file now? If so, how can I get the ss(security sector) file from the actual game disc? I tried to get the SS file from the website listed underneath of this forum. The ones on the forum didn't seem to work. I want to get the SS file from the actual game disc and then I need to merge them using SS Merger? Is all of this correct? I havent been able to successfully get anything working yet except the game to extract. I have done tons of reading so far.