1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help backing up certain ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TXSpartan, Mar 28, 2007.

1. TXSpartan

TXSpartan Guest

I need help backing up certain PS2 games spesificly Shadow of Rome. I do not have the original disc anymore but I do have a backup DVD+R of it that I made with Alcohol 120%. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to make a working copy by using the backup I alredy made.

PS: I have a PS2 slim with a flip top and the SwopMagic 3.6 disces.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, if you have an ISO on your PC you can just use IMGburn V2.1 to burn that to a good quality 8X DVD-R at 4X speed.
    With Swap Magic some games need to have the ISO rebuilt in order to work, so if it doesn't work that would be the next thing to try.

3. TXSpartan

TXSpartan Guest

I had the erase files when dun selected so the files I copied where erased after the disc was berned. So I only have the DVD+R that I made and what I ment in my question was: "Can I use the DVD+R backup copy of Shadow of Rome that I made with Alcohol 120% to make a working backup? Or do I need the real Shadow of Rome PS2 game?" Thanks for the suggestion tho.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

well, if the copy you have works, then yes. You can just make another copy using DVD Decypter. You would do it the same way as if you were backing up an original disc.

5. TXSpartan

TXSpartan Guest

Dus DVDDecriptor have the patch or sumthing like that that would let me use swapMagic 3.6 to play it? Or would I still need the patch and the program to atach it to the game file? Also dus anyone know where I can get the DVDRick or ginie patch?

Never mind. I just saw the news posting
    and the softwar link on it
    that states that the rights to DVD Decrypter had been changed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007