1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help backing up gtasa! plz help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Porky85, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

Hello, I'm new to this fourmn. First off i burned GTASA onto a DVD-R Maxell. The burning went successfully... but when I put the dvd in my ps2 version is v8. I get Not a Playstation format disc error. I read on some of these threads that some people been having luck with the Maxell DVD+R's which im going to try tommorow. Im running a OEM DVD dual format bunner also which is a big relief knowing if my burner only burned -'s i would be screwed, cuz I couldnt trouble shoot it to see if its a wrong media type. I was just curious do I have to buy a frickin swaper or a gs to get this to work properly.. I really dont feel like usin that crap to get this game running. If anyone can help at all i used DVD Decrypter and Alcohol 120 to burn this DVD. I'm hoping I just need the DVD+R if anyone can help me with my situation I would really appreceate it., Thanks for your time reading my post.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2004
  2. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

Oh yea I forgot to mention that I burned at 1x speed and 4x speeds both did same thing.

3. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

What chip have you got?

4. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

what chip are you talking about? scph 39001? is that what your talking about? but i believe thats the model #

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

You have to have some sort of mod chip or swap disc to play a copied game.

6. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

That's what I just feared is there anywhere I can get it online. Or in a retail store? Im a cheap guy also. Thanks for the tip. I was curious why Alcohol 120 says burn as a playstation 2 format? Or is it I can't boot the game without the chip or swap thingy. Any urls or reccomendations will be greatly appreceated.

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

What country do you live in so i can get a good reputable site.

8. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

im from usa, i also like to thank you for taking time out of your life to solve my problems.

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

easiest way would be to get the SwapMagic disks along with a slidecard or fliptop, whichever your preference. Basically you load up the SwapMagic disk, then it tells you to insert your backup disk, and you do the swap method and your good.

10. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

Just want to know where I can find the Magic Swap Disc for a good price if i need it... Also do I need anything else or is this all I need to be able to use backup GTSA onto a DVD+R and being able to play it flawlessly?
    Also if I do need something else is there bundles or something out there where I could buy the whole package at once?

11. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

yes, i ended up getting all my stuff from here:
    www.gocybershop.ca

They have the SwapMagic disks seperately, or with a slidecard, or with a fliptop. If you go with the fliptop there are 2 different models. (1 for v4-7 and 1 for v9-10). With this stuff, you can play your backup games fine.

12. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

I own the v8 though.

13. Porky85

Porky85 Guest

nm, I found a website to the the flip case and the Magic Swap cd's together for 48 bucks.