1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Bad

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BigJonson, Mar 29, 2005.

1. BigJonson

BigJonson Member

I have been trying to backup my copy of "Ladder 49" and so far I have been unsuccessful using every DVD-ripper I possess. Even AnyDVD is having problems reading the disc and then after a while it will display info on the disc. On this and several backups I have had trouble at VTS_01_4.VOB. What is the matter? I have a LITEON 851S drive GSOP and now I seem to be having problems on certain backups. How can I determine is I have a drive problem related to Region code, the drive is showing Region 1 in Device Manager. Can I get some help please. Thanks.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If your program is getting through the decryption part way then it isn't a region code problem. Anydvd removes the region code anyway. There have been problems lately with new original dvd movies having some corrupt data areas that will play OK but cause errors when trying to rip for a copy. This could be what you are having trouble with. There have been 4 or 5 movies I know of that have this problem on the original dvd. If you have the latest updates of DVD Decrypter and Anydvd and still have problems ripping the disc, I would suggest you try another original copy.

Jerry

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Excellent advice. I just finished Ladder 49 using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 with no problems.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I had no problems using AnyDVD and CloneDVD, however have had some problems with DVD Decrypter and originals, in the exact same VTS, had to return them and all was fine. You just cannot tell what is on a disk, I even had one that had a miniscule dent and this caused all kinds of problems.

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Afterall, sales are more important than quality control...;-)

6. BigJonson

BigJonson Member

Thanks all for the info. I noticed that the discs I have tried to back up lately have had some blemishes. The rippers seem to be very sensitive to this. I thought it might be my drive giving me problems since I just flashed it to the latest driver. Thanks again.

Big

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Defective originals are becoming a common problem lately. I think they are processing excessive quantities of each movie without checking the quality. Since original dvds are pressed from a master disc, if it dvelopes a defect its passed on to every disc afterwards.

Jerry

8. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I know how to save the movie companies hundreds of thousands of dollars on copy protection:

Just make sure every disk you send out has a scratch on it.....not so deep that the disk won't play in your standalone player, but deep enough that it can't be buffed out effectively enough to allow ripping.