1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help! Bricked or not bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by icon0clas, Apr 8, 2007.

1. icon0clas

icon0clas Member

Hello all, I need some help here. Last night I wanted to update my PSP from version 3.10 OE-A to be OE-B.

I followed the instructions and all and waited like a minute when I noticed it was off. So, I turn it on and all I get is a black screen. I freak out and turned it on agian and agian until I finally decided it bricked. Then I noticed the instructions were for "How to update 3.02 OE-A to 3.02 OE-B"

What a dork! I know... But today while hoping that I can still breath life back into it I held the R trigger and thankfully, I hope, the Recovery menu came up. Please help me if I can still recover this PSP of mine. Thanks.

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

if you can get the recovery menu up then you should be able to recover to 1.5.

3. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

if any OE recovery comes up...then try installing hex's 1.50 recovery backup via usb, then re-install the OE you want to use...

hope this helps

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

You hope the recovery menu came up?
    Or
    The recovery menu came up?

If the recovery menu came up click on the link in my signature to get the necessary files to recover to 1.50

5. Pud1000

Pud1000 Regular member

HAHAHA that was a funny story man how could you be soo dumb-
    anywayz download the winstaller for recovery and go into recovery and hit toggle usb and let the winstaller do its thing and then go run eboot at psp game in thre recovery and it should take you back to 1.5 and then do what you want-not my fault it you brick

6. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Is anyone else going to tell him to recover to 1.5 ?

7. icon0clas

icon0clas Member

thank you to you all for responding so quick, i had to take a smoke break just calm down a bit but let me try the winstaller and i'll tell you if it worked or not... though it should work... right! anywho the recovery menu did pop up as i held the r trigger! thanks agian!

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

proper........good luck

9. icon0clas

icon0clas Member

Thank you gasconade, thank you ggbarnum, thank you staxx, and thank you Pud1000! Everything went well, downgrade to 1.5 and back to sweet old 3.10 oe-a! Many THANKS agian. (case closed)