1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Buring Xbox ISO games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mazmaz, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mazmaz

mazmaz Member

hi
    I have downloaded Xbox 360 Ntsc Games from the internet ISO games and i have tryed to burn them but it didnt work
    i have Xbox 360 Ntsc Usa

Help Pls..........

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

wow this is more thank likely piracy, but you have to extract the .dvd file from the .rar archives you get and burn that with xbox backup creator

3. mazmaz

mazmaz Member

Yes I have extracted the dvd and merge it with the merge file but still didn’t work!!!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

what do you mean "merge it with the merge file "?

1. take the first rar file and extract it, you should get a DVD file and an ISO file
    2. If you need to patch the file for stealth with the SS, DMI or PFI files using Xbox Backup Creator or Schtrom
    3. get IMGburn to burn the file
    4. manually set the layer break:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game.
    5. now set the burning speed, and if needed (Hitachi drives) make sure that you have the booktype setting for DVD+R DL set to burn as DVD-Rom
    6. burn the disc, i use 4X on a 6X max DVD

5. mazmaz

mazmaz Member

thnx..
    What is the different between Hitachi Drives or Samsung Driver ?

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

who makes them, the way they look, the way you flash them, the way a game has to be patched, tons of differences

7. mazmaz

mazmaz Member

I meant das it make differences in burning games if it is Hitachi or Samsung by using Nero ?

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well first of all, dont use nero, use either xbox backup creator, or clonecd and no it doesnt when you burn it, but hitachis require more patching

9. decline55

decline55 Member

He's right don't use nero but there are more options besides xbox backup creator and clone cd. I just use IMGburn for my backups. All I do is right click the .dvd file, open with notepad and delete the layer break line. It works for me th best. But it sounds like you don't know what your doing (no offense. So you should just try reading a couple tutorials and doing what they say. Also most games you get off of the internet are already pre-patched. There should be an info file and if it says just extract and burn with cd clone your good to go. By the way you never described your problem. Does it not burn at all, does it stop burning after a while or are you backups just not playing?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

well what i wrote about is pretty much a simple tutorial for you to follow.
    If you have a Hitachi drive you must make the back up "stealth". Meaning that it passes the stealth check in Xbox Backup Creator and contains the working video file, SS file, DMI and PFI files
    You also must booktype the DVD+R DL as DVD-Rom

If you have a Samsung drive and it has the newest firmware (extreme52) then you do not have to worry about any of that. You do not have to stealth patch it or booktype. It just needs the working video file and SS file.

11. walk3er

walk3er Guest

Here's a silly question. How do you booktype the DVD+R DL as DVDRom? Thanks.

12. gamecheif

gamecheif Member

the best is dvd decrypter i think
    but i have a qwestion when i go to download the torrent i check the files and some xbox torrents comes in rar parts but when go tot extract them its the same files size that i downloaded from also i get files with .daa and .nfo files but none have the default.xbe file in the torrent or the dash update (the core files) how am i suppsed to use theese am i just supposed to turn them into iso file or is the file incomplete

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  13. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Backups will work on hitachi or samsung drives with just the ss.bin patched. You do NOT need the working video file (you can fill with blank) nor does Hitachi's need to be stealth patched. The firmware currently available for the Hitachi-LG drive doesn't even support media stealth yet. The firmware itself is stealth though. Samsung firmware (xtreme 5.2) supports both media and firmware stealth.

14. atomick

atomick Regular member

Once I backup my game with the 'Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive' and Xbox Backup Creator v2.4.
    What software do I use to burn it to a dual layer DVD?
    (Will it be an ISO FILE?)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007