1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning a cd iso to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pro`noob, Jan 20, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

hi, i have an iso which is around 600mb, and as i only have blank dvd and no blank cdr i would like to burn this image to dvd.
    i cant seem to do this, nero, alcohol etc all ask for a cdr to be inserted and wont accept dvdr

without using an iso extractor, virtual drive etc how can i get nero to butn this image to dvd. it dosent have to be nero, any burning tool will do

any ideas ?? :)

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I'm not positive (still new to the dvd scene), but I'd be surprised if the ISO formats were the same. If so, you will not be able to do it without extracting from the ISO. And that opens another whole can of worms: just what is it in that CD ISO which you think can play on a dvd?

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

its a ps2 backup
    i dont think it will work if i just extract the files and burn back to dvd, but i dont see why the iso formats should be different - just bigger sized for a dvd i thought

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

nope, the file formats are somewhat different.

Here's a nice explanation of the difference:

http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technology/dvdrom/dvdrom_specs.htm

However, on rereading your original post, if all you want to do is back up the file, you should make your dvd a [bold]data[/bold] dvd and use your burner software to [bold]copy[/bold] the ISO file to it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  5. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

thanks, ill check it out