1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED help burning backups without .dvd files, please help!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andro1d, Feb 17, 2007.

1. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

First off, I have read the tutorials and know when a .iso, .000, or .360 file just comes alone with no .dvd file, you're suppose to either create the .dvd file, or if you use imgburn you create the layer break in there and voila. Well I have tried both, and still do this day I create nothing but coasters when I get a backup without a .dvd file. I always use imgburn as it treats me well when I do have the .dvd file. But anyway, I've tried creating the .dvd file, I've tried just using the layerbreak method on imgburn, plus I've tried taking a .dvd file from one of my other games and editing it so it reads the game name of whatever backup I'm trying to create, and it STILL doesn't work. Does anybody have some suggestions? I'd appreciate it!

2. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

Oh yah, forgot to say, I was wondering if there was some kind of tab I shouldn't have checked or what. If anybody knows what tabs are "vital" to have checked or unchecked lemme know please.

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Well first off you need to make sure they are patched with the correct ss.bin with the program SSMerger 1.7
    Make sure you manually set the layerbreak as 1913760
    Burn at 4x on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs

Note - most .360 files will need to be ss.bin patched and padded with a blank video partician before they will even work at all.

4. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

How exactly do I patch it? Total noobness over here heh.

5. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

Oh and I do use the verbatim's burning at 4x

6. mrdrawsy

mrdrawsy Member

wuts up ...i really need help on how to make 360 game copies i bought the game copy pro but i dont kno how to use it its all really confusing.....please help

7. mrdrawsy

mrdrawsy Member

8. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

Well I tried patching it but I'm still not getting any luck. Still only games that come with the .dvd file are working. SS merger is giving me some kind of error when I try to get the required file, so when I put in the ss file that I have it doesn't match being the requried file is blank, I burned it anyway and it didn't work. No clue what I am doing wrong.