1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning dvd discs, 3 coasters and counting

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mikemgs, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mikemgs

mikemgs Guest

Hello, Last night I downloaded a film in img file. I converted it to iso and tried to burn it using ultra iso, The result was a coaster, looking on the back of the disc, only a little bit of the disc was used, Then I converted it to nero file and used nero to burn it with exactly the same result, lastly I tried dvd decrypter to write the disc with the origional img file, again with the same result. All programs finish the job as if succesful and the film works fine on the pc, I can mount it with Daemon tools or use power dvd to watch it if I open the vob files, it just won't burn to dvd. I have tried two differant dvd media dics, (packard bell and reitek) Please help !
    Thanks

2. phish420

phish420 Member

Why are you converting to ISO? just burn the img file...or if you have the VOBs, just burn them in a VIDEO_TS folder. If they are too large to fit, use DVDShrink to make them fit.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When you say you converted it to a Nero file, do you mean you ran it through Nero Vision Express?? you may also want to download and try DVD Santa. I haven't tried it myself yet but hear it works OK on AVI to dvd format. Good luck.

Jerry

4. mikemgs

mikemgs Guest

Still not sure where it goes wrong, but I have tried burning the img file and vob files using, dvd shrink, nero and alcohol 120%. The DVD's I get will not play on any of the 7 differant DVD players I have tried but they play fine on computers.Just to make sure it wasn't my drive or media I burnt off a copy of Jurassic Park that was ripped to my hard drive to vob files ect. Worked fine. Wierd eh?

5. Extatic27

Extatic27 Member

Just out of mild curiosity are you using dvd-r or dvd+r.. I had the same problem when i started to burn movies.. i was using dvd+r and it would burn it and play it on the computer but when i tried to put it into the regular dvd player it wouldnt play.. then i switched to dvd-r and they worked like a champ

6. mikemgs

mikemgs Guest

All the discs were DVD + media. Have not tried - discs yet.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would dump the ifo/bups and use ifoedit to mkae new one! from your vobs! click CREATE IFO button,,,use same destination folder as vobs!!!

then load it all to dvd shrink to see if it loads ok? as if its faulty it wont load!

if its good to go set shrink to burn with dvd decrypter!

==================

umm?

it isnt a PAL or NTSC issue is it? PC's play most anything! dvd players dont!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005