1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning dvd's w/ one drive on laptop. can it be done?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by texastray, Apr 4, 2003.

1. texastray

texastray Member

need help burning dvd's w/ one drive on laptop. has anyone done this? I was told to try dvd decrypter. I was able to decrypt the dvd, but then what do I do b/c the destination and the source drive are the same. please help

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

has your laptop got a dvd writer on it not a combo dvd/cdr writer if the later you wont be able to do it you will need an externel dvd writer

Last edited: Apr 5, 2003
  3. texastray

texastray Member

No, the driver is a dvd burner and cd burner. I keep getting an I/O error when the burn is completed using DVD decrypter.

4. dvd2crap

dvd2crap Guest

5. texastray

texastray Member

Done that's why I'm posting. Everytime my burn completes but before the successful burn message pops up I get an I/O error message. The "new" DVD is not recognized when I try to play it.

6. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

mmmmmmh, have you tryed smartripper, i have problems with a couple of movies using decrypter but that was using instant copy rather than dvd2one. Also are you burning the disc using the burning software within dvd de crypter if you are, get hold of record now or nero and try that maybe a conflict with your drive and decrypter or try smartripper then try using dvd decrypter to make an image and burn it with decrypter again, a bit long winded but that maywork. I would recomend getting dvd2one a fine little program. Hope you find a solution.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I agree with sheppy , try using Smartripper then DVD2one & either Nero or RecordNow.
    I've backed up so many of my DVD's using this process. (Nero is my preffered choice)
    When I first started there were quite a few ppl raving about DVD Decrypter but I never had a problem with Smartripper decrypting whilst ripping so never ended up using it.

[Smartripper has failed to decrypt 2 out of 58 back ups so far. The films that wouldn't be decrypted were...'Long Good Friday' & 'American Werewolf In London' , I'll try DVD Decrypter on these 2 one day when I'm not so busy]

8. texastray

texastray Member

Thanks for the advice. let me see if I understand it all. I need to use smartripper to burn to my hard drive, then dvd2one (to bring back together??) then save it again, then burn w/ nero or recordnow? Is this right? Three steps? Or just smartripper, then nero OR dvd2one. I know this is annoying, put I really appreciate all the help.
    texastray

9. herbsman

[bold]DVD-5[/bold]

SMARTRIPPER (to rip to HDD)
    FILE button and select ALL,next select destination folder then START.
    Will take 10-30mins approximately.

NERO Drag all .BUP .VOB . IFO to VIDEO_TS Folder & burn !

[bold]DVD-9[/bold]

SMARTRIPPER This time under the FILE button just take the .VOB's that are selected [little monitor icons] and then tick the box that is 2 above the selected boxes & START.

DVD2One v1.11 Movie-Only , select folder where you put Smartripper files and choose a 2nd destination folder where you want finished DVD2One files put.
    Set size to 4272
    Select AC3 6CH (audio),ENGLISH Subs (or other),Angle 1...and start !!!

NERO As Usual

This should help I hope : )-~

10. herbsman

:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  11. texastray

texastray Member

This sucks. I downloaded Nero Vision Express(demo) and I used smartripper and then dvd2one and have the file sitting on my desktop, but I don't know what to use on Nero or if this is even the right type of Nero. Last bit of help...I hope. thanks for all the help so far.

12. herbsman

Nero Vision Express....No

hehehe---you are very nearly there by the sounds of it.

http://www.nero.com/en/#download

If you already have nero5.5.10.20.exe then open up WITHOUT coming through Vision Express.
    You just want to see NERO WIZARD.

o CD o DVD

is the first choice.

13. texastray

texastray Member

I'll try that nero, thanks. Last night I used recordnow and everything that was done using smartripper was recorded. But it isn't recognized as a dvd. when I put the dvd in, it won't read like a dvd. I can see that all these different ifo, bup, and vob files have been recorded. How do you turn these files into a readable dvd. We're getting pretty close here.

14. herbsman

I honestly haven't used RecordNow so I dont know what process it uses but if you try Nero I'll at least be able to advise.

Hope that's a help

herbs

15. texastray

texastray Member

Before the burn begins using Nero (demo) a screen pops up that says "you are about to burn a multi-session write once dvd disc. Session 2 and above will not be readable with some dvd-rom drives." should I burn multi-session anyway or burn w/o multisession? I chose burn w/ multi-session and got some errors and the burn failed

16. texastray

texastray Member

okay, same result using nero as with recordnow. the only thing that burns is about seven .BUP .VOB . IFO files. I have no idea how this turns into a dvd.

17. herbsman

Sorry , I didn't realise I had to mention it but your right there (light at the end of the tunnel)...

Just burn without multi-session

18. herbsman

I've never used it but I'm presuming Multi-session is for RW media only as it would not finalize the disc (in order for you to add more files)

19. texastray

texastray Member

no dice. still the same result. I burned nine files onto the dvd. the same files that are on the original dvd, but it won't play like a dvd. Is there some certain way to play a burned dvd or should it open up like an original dvd?

20. herbsman

In what will it not play like a DVD. In your set top DVD player or even in your PC DVD Drive?

Was it a DVD-5 or DVD-9 (dual layered) ?
    Did you author the DVD files before burning but after ripping??

Details.

herbs