1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brad3314, Jan 21, 2007.

1. brad3314

brad3314 Member

ok most of the files i have are in avi i want to burn them to dvd but so far i've had s**t all luck trying to do so. i've tryed converting them to other formats but i find this takes a very long time and is hard to find a decent program that will do it for free and some put watermarks on the video so i've had no luck there.

i don't have a dvd burner so i have to transfer them to a friends laptop to burn them and i know that i burned a dvd for him using a program called cyberlink power director i think it was in mpeg format and it worked fine so if i could just convert avi to mpeg it should be right shouldn't it

i also tried burning it in vcd format on CD-R but quality was crap and you can't fit much on a disc
    and also tried converting to vob to burn with nero but nero wouldn't accept the format

is there any other way ?
    or what am i doing wrong it's really frustrating

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. brad3314

brad3314 Member

yeah i thought i did the exact same thing and it didn't work i'll just keep fiddling and i may get there eventually

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member