1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning first backup, warn: NOOB QUESTION

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by cubelover, Jan 22, 2007.

1. cubelover

cubelover Member

I have ordered by viper extreme and case and have got a resident evil 4 torrent. This is not an iso, it is multiple winrar files. How exactly do I go about burning this and creating the iso? Im a bit confused. Sorry for the noob question.

2. skew

skew Member

Ok the you need to extract the .RAR's and see whats inside.
    If you have winRAR it should do this for you.

STEP #1: Where are your RARS? put them all in the same folder

STEP #2: RIGHT click on one of the RARs the popup menu should give you options for extracting that archive(I dont use WinRAR at all, I use a freeware program called "Iceowes", so I cant tell you exactly what you'll see. but it should have options like "extract here" "extract to.." etc.)

STEP #3: Extract the archive. it will take a few minutes(the slower your computer the longer it takes) but when its done you should have whatever file was "broken up", all put together and ready to go.
    If it was an .ISO to start with it should be one again now!

I hope this helps if you have trouble with it tell me.

3. cubelover

cubelover Member

Thanks skew. I think i got it...There are alot of winrar files called " np-re4a" and then alot called "np-re4b". Im extracting one of the np-re4a files now and I believe its doing as you proclaimed it would do (bulding an iso). I suppose np-re4b is the 2nd disk?? Is resident evil a 2-disker?

4. Doomcap

Doomcap Regular member

Yeah, the b one will be the second disk so you will have to open that seperately. Burn with imgburn at x2

5. skew

skew Member

Unfortunatly nintendo's choice of mini dvd format, means that any game larger than 1.46 gigs has to be on two disks.
    So games that have a lot of cinemas tend to outsize the media.
    Yeah Doomcap's reccomended a good burning proggy too, Imgburn is free, and seems to work pretty good for gamecube .ISOs

6. Doomcap

Doomcap Regular member

Also some Gamecube backups will be in .gcm format but Imgburn will recognize and burn those too.