1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help burning Metal Gear Solid and Killzone

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Nismo32, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Nismo32

Nismo32 Member

I have a Plextor PX-716A burner, I got an original copy of Killzone and used Dvd decrypter to make an iso after I burned it with dvd decrypter at 2X to a memorex 8x dvd -r my playstation will not load it at all. but i did dl a copy of Killzone off the net and when i burned that with dvd decrypter it works except that the video keeps going off the tv. The picture wont stay still it keeps looping over and over. I burned GTA san andreas on my memorex even at 8x and it works perfectly so does my mortal kombat deception... so my ? is are some games just too picky on what dvd -r disk they are put on... should I try verbatim -r for MGS3 and Killzone?? or is there another way to makes these 2 games work? what am i doing wrong?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

First off I'd suggest going with different media, since memorex is pretty much uniformly crappy media: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm . Verbatim's are usually better. And for me, when burning new games that read from the disk a lot like MGS3, I only use dvd+r's, theres a thread about that on this forum if you search for it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  3. philipman

philipman Regular member

I use memorex 4x and 120% to burn those games and they worked perfect for me.

4. Nismo32

Nismo32 Member

see thats what i dont get some people say memorex is good and some say its crap but I have used memorex for 3 other games and it works just perfect.. then i try with killzone and MGS and it dont wanna work. Hell San Anreas worked perfect with my memorex 8x dvd -r at 8x with nero, weird but true.. thanks for ur input...

5. Amalein

Amalein Member

same here, i used memorex dvd+r and it runs really crappy. it works but its really not playable: alsways freezing and lagging. maybe its because it's dvd+r instead of -r or maybe i should try alcohol 120% like philipman

6. Nismo32

Nismo32 Member

The Killzone worked. i used alcohol 120% with memorex 8x -r at 4x speed and it worked fine.. i just had to convert the game from PAL to NTSC with ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix since im in the USA. Man this game is bad A$$. but im still having probs with MGS, i cant get it to do anything only black screens. Any suggestions will help.

7. mumia

mumia Member

Memorex rules!!!!!! Its the only media that works good on my blue ps2.I used philips,emtec,b.o.s,... none of them worked (or worked very slow) but the memorex 4x -R works realy fine!!!!!

8. mikemmx

mikemmx Member

can you guys prove a direct link to an online store that sells that media? I've tryed 3 different media. memorex -r and +RW and verbitam and all failed. even burn at lowest speed my writer can. 2x

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005