1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning movies on DVD!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zomgbbq, Oct 4, 2007.

1. zomgbbq

zomgbbq Member

Hi all, i feel noob cuz i think i should know this, i've used a lot of tools and burned a lot of stuff and this is by far the easiest except i don't know how. I want to watch movies on my dvd player on my TV, and i need some help with which tool i need to use and how. I haven't done this be4 cuz i used to watch all the movies etc on my computer but i feel watching on TV is much better plus the whole family can watch it. I haven't tried any methods yet because i only have a few DVDs left and i don't wanna waste them, plus i only wanna copy one or 2 movies so there's no point for me to go and buy another dvd pack so i just wanna get some advice be4 i try them out.

Here're my questions:

1. what program do i use? Say if i use Nero, do i make an iso image and then burn it?

2. What type of DVD should i use? DVD+R or DVD-R, does it matter and what's the difference if i use either one?

Ok so that's the first problem i have, here's another. I need help copying dvd that are protected. I've tried a lot of tools like DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, DVD Ripper, DVD Fab etc. I have a lot of tools and i'll be honest here, i got nearly all the ones you can think of and yes i got them from warez forums, i have NERO 8 as well along with all the newest ones, i just wanna say this so that people can give me more options. I don't mind if anyone suggest a freeware or shareware, as long as it works.

Anyway i'm having trouble copying DVD that are protected, i've tried nearly all the tools and i can't get them to work. If someone can give me a guide and a program on how to copy it that will be awesome.

Lastly, i need help copying PS2 games. I know i have to make an iso first and i've had some successful copies, but certain games like San Andreas or Final Fantasy 12 don't work. What do i do, and do i need a certain type of DVD like DVD+R or DVD-R?

So that's it, 3 big problems, anyone please help me, i would gladly appreciate it :D

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. zomgbbq

zomgbbq Member

thank you, so i can use imgburn to burn my movies (avi files) to a dvd and watch it on my TV? Or do i have to make an iso file first and then use imgburn to burn it on a dvd?

Also, what tool do i use for my last question about the PS2 burning? And what type of disc?

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would convert your avi to a DVD compliant file and then use Imgburn to burn that to a blank DVD. DVD Flick will do it just fine and it's free too. If your stand alone player will play avi files you can use Imgburn in "build" mode to burn your avi to disc.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552742

As for viewing on a PS2 I would use Verbatim DVD+R and booktype them for the best compatability.

5. zomgbbq

zomgbbq Member

thx for ur suggestions but i'm a bit lost.......

1. what do u mean convert avi to a dvd comliant file?
    2. what do u mean booktype them?

6. LOCOENG

An avi isn't a DVD complaint file, it's just a video container. When you convert your avi you are creating a full DVD structure that should be recognizable on all DVD players. Booktyping is a way of recording (can only be done with DVD+R) that tricks your standalone player into thinking it is reading a store bought commercial disc.

http://booktypefaq.com/

7. zomgbbq

zomgbbq Member

thanks i get it now :D

but the last thing, what type of format/extension is a DVD Compliant file? You said you would convert the .avi files to a dvd compliant file, so what program do i use and what format do i convert to?

8. LOCOENG

VIDEO_TS folder containing Vobs' etc.

All you do is put your avi into DVD Flick and it creates the correct format for you...that is just what it does.