1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help burning torrent file(PS2 game)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 2000civic, Oct 27, 2004.

1. 2000civic

2000civic Member

Would like to know if anyone could explain to me exactly how to burn a PS2 game,torrent file.Thank you, would really appreciate it if anyone could help.

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

U have to use a torrent program such as BitTorrent or Azureus or BitTornado, etc. to download that game from the internet using the torrent file.

then u can burn the game

3. 2000civic

2000civic Member

I already use Azureus to download torrent files. My main question is how do I exactly burn the game? After the file is complete,I look in the destination file where I saved it and there is more than 1 file. So how do I actually burn the game so that it will work? Do I pick the biggest file with the biggest size? Also which program should I use to burn? Thank You.

4. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

the multiple files:

are they .rar or .zip files with part000 or something like that in their name?

if they are, highlight all the files and RIGHT click them and click extract here (u need to have winRAR installed on ur computer - if u dont, get it and install it and then do what i have listed above).

After the files extract, u should either get an image file of some sort (most likely). Then u can use nero to burn the image file by using the image file burning feature - [bold]DO NOT BURN THE IMAGE FILE ALONE AND NOT BURN THE CONTENTS OF IMAGE FILE!! REMEMBER TO USE THE IMAGE FILE BURNING FEATURE AND NOT THE NORMAL WRITE FEATURE IN WHICH CASE U WOULD JUST BURN THE IMAGE FILE ITSELF AND NOT THE CONTENTS OF THE IMAGE FILE!!!!![/bold] Have i made myself clear?

Good luck!

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i hope you realize, you need a chip or swap disks to play them.......

6. 2000civic

2000civic Member

Hey yugioh2me, would also just like to know if it works the same with movies,if not how do I burn movies? Thank You very much for your help.

7. 2000civic

2000civic Member

I mean movies that I download that are torrent files.

8. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

movies are usually a bit different.

As usual u would have to download the movie from the torrent file and then follow these steps:

They might be in a .rar or .zip file or they might have the whole movie file with no zip or rar stuff (so for example the movie would end in .mpeg or .avi instead of .rar or .zip).

To burn the rar/zip file use winrar to unpack it and if there is one single movie file, just burn that using nero's data burn or if u want a vcd, use nero's video cd burning function and burn the mpeg or avi file and not the rar file itself.

If its a file that is downloaded and is plain mpeg or avi then just follow the same steps above but just forget about the rar/zip stuff explained up there.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ECS N2U400 w/2700+, DVD+RW, DVD-ROM, 9200 SE, 160 GB HD
    PS2 Version 7, Flip Top (Blue), Swap Magic 3.2

Thx!
    -yugioh2me[/small]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  9. jimmy1979

jimmy1979 Guest

I have the same problem. Downloaded a ps2 game that i already own but has a scratch on the disc.. It downloaded into 3 rar files. extracted the 3 rar files to 3 directories. Opened the directories and they are dhl-reop.001 to .064. When i try to extract these files it does the first one, say .001 then when it extracts say .002 it wants to overwrite the files extracted from .001 because they have the same names?? when .001 is extracted it turns into dhl-reop(11).gi reop(12).gi reop(13).gi and dhl-reop.gi. Any ideas? Thanks for any help

10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

use dvd decrypter/record now/prassi to burn the global image (.gi file) select the one without the numbers and it will automaticly reassemble the other parts while burning

11. jimmy1979

jimmy1979 Guest

Hi.Thanks for the quick reply and your help.. Does it matter which one i extract to burn the gi file.. I mean should i extract the 001 or the highest one which is 064 or does it not matter as it seems they have the same files anyway..Thanks again

12. 2000civic

2000civic Member

Hey yugioh2me, I don't mean to keep bothering you but I'm kinda confused. The movie that I have downloaded, I used winrar and now I have one file that says "winrar archive 862 MB" and then I have another folder that has the same movie title,then when I open it,it has 2 BIN files,2 CUE files and a MSInfo document. So what do I burn? And also,I would have to put on Dvd because will not fit on Cd.So do I use "DVD(ISO),DVD(VIDEO),or which one?
    By the way Thank You for all your help,I really appreciate it.

13. jimmy1979

jimmy1979 Guest

Hi devilhunt. I unzipped the highest file ie .064 and burnt the gi file from that and it worked fine. Just like to say thank u very much for your help.. Thank you

14. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

2000civic:

it depends on what size the bin files are.

can u list the file sizes of each bin file u have and then ill tell u where to go from that.

15. tweek202

tweek202 Member

Helllp. I just finished downloading halo 2 because my old copy got accidently run over by a truck and then incinerated in the microwave and i spread the ashes out in some park where i can't remember. I did as this thread has told me and extracted the part 000 archives and it made me an neat little .iso Only problem is, is that when i try to burn it the iso seems to be currupt.... which sux. I've tried it with numerous burning utilities, all giving the same error.
    Could it just be that the download was currupt or am i doing somthing wrong?

16. zincy

zincy Member

It's illegal to download games and movies!!
    So why is this thread still going?!?

17. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

well technically downloading off the et when u own the original copy isn't illegal because ur practically just downloading a backup of your game.

tweek202:

if the download is corrupt then thats too bad. Next time make sure you make a backup copy BEFORE it gets incinerated. :)

18. HAMSRULE

HAMSRULE Member

I too unfortunately am having problems with a PS2 download. One game saved to a newly created folder, had a subfolder and in that subfolder had one .iso file. It also had a separate .rar that saved to the destination folder. When I used NERO burning rom and clicked new, file open and went to the folder it let me click on the subfolder and get to the .iso file was there I toggled .iso and was on my way!!! (never did I extract the .rar) Well, the next game wasnt as easy. It just created a new folder and had 25 separate .rar in it.Each one when extracted has the same files in it. (before extracting in winrar it already has an .iso extension)But when I go thru NERO using the steps I used before, it goes to the folder and it wont let be get to the iso!! So what do I do?

19. tweek202

tweek202 Member

Try reading up the thread HAMSRULE, there is a specific way in which files ur meant to extract according to these people, worked for me:)

20. HAMSRULE

HAMSRULE Member

even if there are 25 parts? I extracted a couple of them and they were exactly the same...I will try all 25 and see what happens. Thanks