1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP! Buying a Modded XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by oxtim, Feb 28, 2007.

1. oxtim

oxtim Member

I'm very new to XBOX 360 world and was offered a modded XBOX. I just want to know if it's a good deal or not. Here are the details.

The xbox 360 has the latest stealth firmware.
    33 games are included and all are new rleases and top hits
    also one Harddrive
    one Wireless controller
    hd cables
    battery charger and fan

price is $500

Please let me know if this is a good deal.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Since it's straight up piracy you are talking about I don't think too many at going to comment on how good of a deal it is. I'm assumming it's 33 pirated games at that price, because that would be an insanely good deal if they were retail copies.

3. oxtim

oxtim Member

Thanks Memnock for your reply. I'm really just worried about it working 6 months down the road. $500 is a lot of money and i don't want to get screwed. In your opinion should i just get a new one?

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Yeah you could just get a new one and learn how to flash it yourself. It's not hard. You'll probably get a Hitachi 78fk and those are mega easy to flash.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  5. oxtim

oxtim Member

Sorry about the stupid questions I'm really brand new to this. When you say I'll probably get a Hitachi 78. Is that what comes in the XBOX 360? Also when you say flashing do i need any additional equipment?

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No that's the type of DVD drive in there. To flash the drive you'll need a SATA connection in your PC. If you don't have one a VIA 6421 PCI SATA is the best thing to buy and it's less than $20 online.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

"The xbox 360 has the latest stealth firmware"

to me that would say you were getting a samsung drive flashed with the Xtreme52 firmware. Which is the only firmware i know that auto patches the game with the DMI and PFI for stealth mode.
    And trust me, that is the drive you want as it has the best, most up to date firmware of any of the DVD drives right now. It is the only one that can play DVD5 (single layer) back up discs. NOt that it means much for 360 games because they will not fit, but for Xbox 1 compatible games it makes a big difference in cost of backing them up.

8. oxtim

oxtim Member

So should i buy it???? Or just buy a new one and flash it.

9. navsav

navsav Regular member

Is it a legit seller? You could always pay some dude to flash it for you - several people on this board would do it for you.

I had some guy on Craigslist flash mine for 80 bucks which i realize now was kind of a rip!!

But then again for all it has done for me its worth it - plus who knows i may have bricked the device had i done it!!