1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED help changing my 01-12 xmb

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ManUowns, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ManUowns

ManUowns Member

I did everything to try and change the 01-12 that i know of. I used split/merge and merged my 12 images together and out them on my psp. I go to look and I only get the first one, which is black. Everything else is white. Can someone either tell or give me a good guide to doing this? NE HELP IS APPRECIATED>

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Assuming you correctly installed all files relating to resource, module, nodule, and font, everything should be fine. You should have overwritten the 01-12.bmp file in resources. When you boot, if its a blank or black screen, go to Game Settings/Theme/ the default theme is the first option. Change the theme to the second option, just press down once and press cross (X). Sometimes the background doesn't load unless you change that option in the theme settings.

3. ManUowns

ManUowns Member

Ok well then lets assume that i didnt do sumthing right because i only have default(black) background. I overwrit the 01-12 and flashed to psp. So now i have one black and 11 white. So If i could get some advice or guide or sumthing idek, cuz i wanted cooler background....

4. ManUowns

ManUowns Member

I just thought of this could it be that I didnt have the images to exactly the right size? I think they were like 34 60 or sumthing but i dont remember its been like a week.

5. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Oooook. I have to assume that you never created a complete backup of your flash0 immediately after installing your Firmware so this could prove difficult. By the way, what is your Firmware and EXACTLY what files did you overwrite in what folder in the flash0?

If you're willing, the best thing to do right now if I was you, would be to install 1.50 Recovery Winstaller and downgrade back to 1.50. Then reinstall 3.40OE-A making a complete copy of the flash0 this time. Then copy each CXMB file individually. Most CXMB have the folder, subfolder, and files already structured for you. Example: a CXMB would contain a folder called "Module" or "Resource". all you would have to do then is right-click on the folder\copy and paste over the folder on your PSP flash and that's that. Does your CXMB come structured or is it just a bunch of ".prx" files?

6. ManUowns

ManUowns Member

I created a backup of my flash before i did the 01-12 thing, and i really dont recall what i have overwritted. I guess I will go recover to 1.50.