1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting my 360 to live

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nhlfan, Aug 21, 2007.

1. nhlfan

nhlfan Member

hi guys i just bought a 360 and need help hooking it up to my computer. Im stuck on the part where i download the windows media center extender. It says "To allow a Media Center Extender (including the Xbox 360 console) to connect to a computer running Windows Media Center, Setup opens ports in the Windows Firewall. Without these ports the firewall will not allow the Media Center Extender (including the Xbox 360 console) to communicate with the computer." What can I do here to make it work? Also it says you need the wireless network adapter, but do u need it if your playing with a wired router? PLease help me guys, I greatly appreciate it, thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

You should be able to use wired or wireless unless of course Microsoft switched it up so that people would be made to buy their $100 adapter. But i doubt it because it would also require people to buy a wireless adapter.

I have never set up the windows media connect but i have used both TVersity and ORB which do the same thing. I installed the program on my PC, then set up the connection in my 360, then you also have to go under the media tab and let te 360 find the connection on the PC and select which to use.

After that it worked just fine.