1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help connecting to internet with DI524 router

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MrRochie, Jan 22, 2007.

1. MrRochie

MrRochie Member

Greets, I am having trouble connecting to my dlink DI524 router. I get 100% signal strenght with the following error...

A connection error has occurred
    A connection to the access point could not be established
    Check security settings for the network and try again

These are the wireless settings for the AP(Access Point)Portion of the DI524
    Wireless Radio : Enabled
    SSID : default
    Channel : 6
    SSID Broadcast : Enabled
    Security : None
    Authentication : Open System
    WEP Encryption : 64Bit
    Key Type : HEX

PSP settings are:

SSID default
    Security None
    IP Address Automatic

I know I have a wireless b on the PSP but shouldn't the router be backward compatible? I have connected before with firmware 2.71 I now have Dark ALex 3.03 OE-B
    and WLAN power save setting are off

I have also tried going through this manually but can't save my settings in the PSP. Its lets me go through the total configuration using automatic settings those I can save.
    Really confused??? Any ideas?

2. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

I too am having a problem i hope it is with my router and not with my psp. I get the same error nessages, but the difference is i have a password i enabled. I can create a network to use the internet, just can not use a network to play games. does anyone know if this is the psp or the router?