1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help converting .nrg and ccd/img to iso

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Kurrpt, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

For some reason, I can't get ccd and nrg files to correctly convert to iso, then to pbp.

I tried using magicISO, convert function, but it always makes them unplayable when i convert the iso to pbp

I DL'd CD Clone, thinking, since it's their proprietary format, that i could convert using their program....

Yea, having problems doing that too

Has anyone else had experience with this?

2. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

bump

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

why are u trying to convert an image format to a .pbp. Is it a PS1 game ur talking about or a PSP iso.

4. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

its for PS1 games

sorry, i should have specified

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Have you tried UltraISO?

6. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

Among other programs, yes

It's garbage tbh

when you try using their "convert" tool, the ISO it spits out won't be recognized by the psp after you covert it to .pbp

I tried opening up a ccd in clone CD, but it won't allow to just convert their proprietary file type to an iso file

Same thing with Nero, and using nrg files

7. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

could try burning it to cd then ripping it,just an idea?

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

UltraISO garbage HAHAHAHAHAHA. Dude you have no idea what ur talkin about. Who knows they might be bad rips in the first place. Have u tried them on ePSXe. Concerning UltraISO , it's obvious you're doing something wrong. IT's all I use to convert create and do anything with ISO. Not one single problem....EVER

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  9. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

well, i've tried about 6 different games in those various file types and it continues to net the same results

Thinking a few of them could be bad rips is one thing, but to have them all net the same result is a little much for me to draw any other conclusion.

when you say you use if for "everything iso related" what exactly are you doing?

are you trying to convert file types TO iso, or are your using it to convert from iso to something else?

10. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

well theres something your doing wrong. I have converted 20 + PSX ISO's from various different formats using ONLY UltraISO, and every single one of em has played on my PSP after conversion.

11. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

How is it not correctly converting exactley? Do you mean the end result fails to run on your PSP?

12. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

well, the program is pretty straight forward, in terms of ease of use

if I open the "CONVERT" function

choose a ccd file

and have it convert to iso, it does produce an iso file. When I then take that iso and try to make it a pbp, and load it on my PSP, it always nets a black screen and doesn't even display the PS screen.

13. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Have u tried using the .bin/.cue combo instead of ISO. That format is seen more often then ISO in reference to PSX games.

14. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Ok need some info:

1) what firmware are you running?
    2) what are you using to make the original game rips?
    3) what file do you have to begin with? ccd or nrg?

15. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

1.) it's obvious hes on custom firmware
    2.) CCD is clone CD image, .nrg is a nero image

16. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

for bin/cue, alcohol 120% works 98% of the time, and always nets a working game, for me anyway

When I rip games, I always use Alcohol 120%

Im currently running 3.02 OE B version. I'm thinking about upgrading, but I normally use the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality

I always like to deal with either bin/cue, or standard iso personally, gauging from past experiences and success rates.

edit : As I said, I even went so far as to obtain both clone CD and nero to see if they could somehow convert their own file types for me, but it hasn't done me any good

Some times, certain games I find can only be found in those file types I'm having problems with. Its not from a lack of effort, considering I'm always trying to find new ways to attack the same problem

17. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

the amount of people that ask why they cant run iso's on sony firmware though :p

Yea i know what makes em, was just sayin if hes got the disk it would be less hassle to ISO it instead of using all these crappy company formats

18. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Alcohol 120% is alright. There's better stuff but it's def not the worst. Well if the .bin/cue conversion is working and the ISO isn't, I think i would stick with the .bin/cue. Anyhow once again UltraISO has never failed me in that field either. What version do u have? Do you have the working demo or the full registered version?

19. Kurrpt

Kurrpt Member

I COMPLETEY understand the need to ask these same questions again, considering how people out there do not know the first thing...

I can't tell you how many different message boards and sites I've visited trying to get a definitive answer to this question

edit : I can only assume that its the working demo, considering I didn't torrent it