1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help copying a vcd using Nero Burner

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Beibi, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Beibi

Beibi Guest

Please help me on how to copy a vcd using my nero burner...i can't seem to it figure out..

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Open Nero>close wizard>look to the left and scroll down to VideoCD. Be sure "create standard compliant CD and NTSC (if living in USA) are enabled. Click new and locate the MPEG1 file from your hd and drag-n-drop clear over to the left and burn [bold] NO [/bold] faster than 8x. I would check the audio\video to see that they are in sync before burning. Open the file and play about 2-3 minutes fom the beginning of the clip and scroll near the end of clip (before credits= if applicable) and play the video and be sure the audio\video is in sync.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2003
  3. Greengo

Greengo Member

For vcd's I usually use cdrwin. make an image on your hd and then retrieve it to burn back on cd-r. simple.

4. Beibi

Beibi Guest

i was able to do that, but the problem is, it doesn't seem to burn...i mean it doesn't write in the cd..the cd is suppose to eject after a window that says burn process completed..but in my case, it doesn't..and when i open the cd..it doesn't contain anything..what am i doing wrong??

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Insert your VCD backup in your burner then go to that drive>explore cd>go to MPEGAV or VCD folder and you should see your movie clip you just burned. Nero is great for backing up VCD but for SVCD= [bold] NO GOOD [/bold]

Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2003
  6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Why not? Is there that much of a difference between VCD and SVCD?

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold] Huge, huge, huge differance [/bold] between VCD& SVCD m8. I can't stand to look at a VCD video encoded at best! SVCD is at least 95% (if not more) the video quality of the original dvd. I'm talkin' about using CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) at multi-pass vbr4.

Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2003
  8. Praetor

LOL not what i meant.... i should have said "What is the difference in data/file/header structure between VCD and SVCD?" I know the resolution on VCDs is garbage hehe

I was just wondering about that.... as in, why is Nero not good for SVCD

9. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Shoey,

Why would nero be bad in copying SVCDs? Or are you talking about the video encoder functions of Nero?

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

With my experience using Nero backing up MPEG2 (not bin& cue), my backups were "unstable" and I encountered pixel& video sync problems. I never burn faster than 8x and never tried Nero just burning bin& cue format is this is by far the best file format to go if backing up to svcd using DVD2SVCD. I shall test Nero and see what happens.

Edit: VCDEasy is free so one could use this program and burn an encoded MPEG2 as "MPEG2" or bin& cue (if created).
    Nero [bold]NO [/bold] freebie, lol._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2003
  11. Praetor

I see... hehe my experience is the complete opposite.. when I burn (S)VCD cd images they always get messed up so i just end up extracting the video from the image and burning that "manually"

12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Then your encoded MPEG2 files are way out of sync (video\audio) or your burnin' way too fast m8. If you do your own dvd rips using DVD2SVCD and create bin& cue and burn the bin& cue files [bold] no [/bold] faster than 8x, you shall have "near perfect" video playback m8. Another big advantage burning bin& cue, you can scroll the the chapters of your backups. I've tested 1 movie(MPEG2) burned as MPEG2 on 5 home dvd plaers that support svcd format and on every one I couldn't scroll through the chapters of my playback, I could only ff, fw, so forth, so on...

Forum Rules^
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2003
  13. Praetor

Hahah..... 52x man. :p
    The thing is that when i burn (S)VCDs using MPG/DAT files (even 52x) the (S)VCDs turn out fine but when i burn (S)VCD images using BIN/ISOs even at the lowest speed they almost always get messed up.

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Experts in this field will tell you you're burning [bold] way too fast [/bold] but hey, they are your "clips" so do what you wanna do!

/me wonders what you're doing wrong......
    Before you reply post do some research on "proper" burn speeds when burning (S)VCD.
    You'll find at various "poular" forums the mods will tell you not to burn (S)VCD at high speeds.

Shoey :)

15. Praetor

Yes i know i'm going too fast: the thing is that i check for playback issues right after burning and if there are any i drop the speed to like 4x.

I almost never have problems burning SVCDs from the raw MPG/DAT file regardless of the speed (even though i do know that i should be burning at a low speed). For everything else i burn at low speeds, I just find that i can get away with the high speeds when i burn SVCDS