1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help downgrading...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Virgilio2, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Virgilio2

Virgilio2 Guest

You must have seen something like this a million times already... Ok i bought my psp last year in september with no memory stick and havent really touched it since there's no point without a memory stick a little while later it was forgotten. Today i bought myself a new digtal camera that came with a 2GB memorystick pro duo since it was a sony camera . So i started reading stuff about the psp and found out you could mod it. i have firmware 2.60 on my psp i heard the best way without having an unpatched version GTA was to upgrade to 2.71 then back to 1.5. this is where my trouble starts.

This is what my memorystick folder looks like (im running Linux by the way)[​IMG]
    i took a few pictures today so that's what the other folders are for. I created a folder called psp ake a folder inside PSP folder and named it GAME.maked another flder named UPDATE inside game then i put the eboot.pbp file into UPDATE. Then i removed the cord and...went to game icon and it says that data is corrupted...wat did i do wrong?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off you need to delete or edit your screenshot above it is way to big for the thread.

So what step are you trying to do at this time?

Your best bet is to format the Memory Stick via System Settings.

This will make all the folders necisary.

If you are trying to update to 2.71 then do the below steps.

Download the 2.71 Update EBOOT file from HERE.

Now create a folder named UPDATE and place the 2.71 EBOOT file named EBOOT.PBP into the UPDATE folder. Now drag the UPDATE folder to the /PSP/GAME directory on the Memory Stick.

Directory would be /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP

Then run it via Game Menu memory Stick.

If it says corrupt data then try bringing the 2.71 EBOOT.PBP file from the UPDATE folder to the GAME folder.

The directory will be /PSP/GAME/EBOOT.PBP

Then try running the update.

After updating to 2.71 follow the below guide.

HERE is a guide to use for downgrading 2.71 to 1.50 firmware. You need to check to see what Motherboard you have before downgrading. To do this open the UMD Bay and check at the top right hand corner inside the UMD Bay and see if there is text.

If there is no text then you don't have a TA-82 or higher Motherboard. If there is text then you have a TA-80 or higher motherboard.

[​IMG]

If you have text then use the -2.71 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86) guide.

If you don't then use the -2.71 PSP guide.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007