1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding the right swap disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PRPitbull, Oct 12, 2004.

1. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

I have a modded PS2(its modded with the nova chip, the one that allows direct boots of imports). my question is, I've seen many swap disks to play back ups, but it always mentions it works for no solder mods. Will it still work with my soldered mod chip? thanks

2. DPB

DPB Member

Um you don't really need it. You should be able to direct boot anything you like, unless I'm mistaken. It should work. If you want to try just download swap magic, cd loader, cog swap, etc and burn it to cd/dvd(if you get dvd version). You should be able to direct boot those since you have a soder chip if you really need to boot them for some reason.

3. DPB

DPB Member

ug

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  4. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

but im not able to direct boot back-ups. in a prior post, someone said u still needed a boot disk.

5. DPB

DPB Member

If you can't boot back ups you need a boot disk. Sorry about that. If you buy a set of bootable swap magic disk I don't see any reason it wouldn't boot if you get one compatible with your ps2.

Edit. The disk doesn't do you any good though without a way to swap it. I think no solder mods must block the eject mechanism from getting to the ps2 or something. Shrug don't know much about them. Whether or not your chip does this?? I don't know sorry. I believe it will boot on your system though.

6. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

thats the original question. i dont know if the swap disk would be compatible, because the ones i've seen say they work for non solder mod chips. do u know if it will work on my soldered ps2, or if there is a specific one i need. thanks

7. DPB

DPB Member

Yea, I just didn't understand what you meant by compatible. They are compatible as in they will boot. Whether you will be able to swap for something else? I'll look into it.

Edit: Ah thats right those chips let you hold the eject button for 5 seconds and then it changes orange and you can eject without the ps2 knowing. So to awnser your question you must figure out if your chip allows for that. Maybe you can think of a way to test it?

Edit2: To awnser your question below mine:

If you buy swap magic disks they are bootable even on a normal ps2 to my knowledge. But just because you can boot them doesn't mean you can make use of them. So to awnser you can find a bootable swap magic disk on any site that sells that type of stuff. Mod chip sistes, cover sites etc.

Edit 3 To clarify. Swap disks are bootable, if pressed at factory. That's what websites sell.

8. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Member

ok. so basically then, i need some sort of boot disk instead of a swap disk. lol. do you know where i can find a boot disk then. thanks for helpin me out also