1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Flashing BIOS With EvoX Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Spyder22, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I am trying to flash the EvoX M8 Plus BIOS to my xbox using EvoX Dash 3935. BTW I have softmoded the xbox using SID 4.5 (no modchip). So when I boot up my xbox and go to the EvoX dash then click ''System Utils'' then ''Flash BIOS'' then click on ''EvoX M8 Plus'' I get a window that says ''Manufactures ID 09 Device ID 00
    !!Flash Not Writeable!!''

What do I need to do in order to put EvoX M8 Plus on my xbox? Thanks for any advice/ help :)

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you are using a softmod then you do not need to flash the bios. when you flash bios it is only for modchip use only. i am assuming you want to use the rest of the space on your hdd right?? just download and burn the autoinstaller deluxe(AID 3.0, 3.1 might be available now), and also you should have a xboxhdm 1.9 if you do not already. because first you will have to install a new hdd using xboxhdm, and then when the new hdd is installed you will need to run the autoinstaller so you can format the drive and re-install the softmod and all the apps and dashboards without turning the system off. there are tons of tutorials regarding both these topics, if you need help just let me know and i am sure i can help you out.

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

so if i softmod, it isnt possible to install/ flash a custom bios like evox m8 plus to my xbox?

When one softmods using sid 4.5 what bios is flashed to the tsop?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Softmods aren't TSOP flashing. That's why they are "Software Modifications". SID creates a virtual eeprom which tricks the Xbox into believing it's still stock, meanwhile we are running rampant in the background with backup games and custom dashes!

There is no flashing, chipping etc, ever! Just install and play!

5. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

So if i have a softmoded xbox then i could go on xbox live (without geting banned)

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Slow down...

Yes and No! If you have setup your Softmod so that you can boot as a retail and Modded, you can. Boot as retail and play 'Real" games. You can't go on Live with a modded machine.

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you want custom loading screens when you first turn the xbox on you need to flash the tsop, but that requires bridging two points on your xbox which is pretty risky unless you know what your doing. google "xbox V.X tsop flash" and replace the X with whatever version xbox you have.

8. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I cant do a TSOP flash with a v.1.6 can I? I searched on google and it didnt sound like it was possible(because of the video drivers or something) but i just wanted to check with the pros at aD before I give up....

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

your right, i never had a 1.6 so i didnt know, but there is no way to flash the bios at all unless you have a chip on that xbox.