1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help..fliptopcase and swap magic...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by madlady, Apr 2, 2003.

1. madlady

madlady Guest

my fliptopcase and both disks were reading fine till today all of a sudden the dvd disk stoped reading and the cd disc reads intermittantly. The ps2 reads and plays all oringinals fine. The unit is only 1.5 months old. do you think the disks could be bad ? the cd one was hardly used and the dvd on worked great till today..the ps2 seems to work ok no noise..
    any help would be appreciated.

2. CptCrash

CptCrash Regular member

I have this problem, but I think it's all about how you put the backup in. At times I don't think I'm getting it all the way down or in, thus it does not read correctly. It took me awhile to figure this out (at times it took like 6 to 8 tries)...but this may be the problem. Else you may have bad disc's, but that seems odd that they both would go out.

3. madlady

madlady Guest

It plays all the orginals no problem..and will not read the dvd disk but i notice it has a slight scratch in it and the cd disk it will read but only intermittemntly. you get that read screen and disk stops spinning. you can try it 4 more times and no luck and the 5 time it works. but like i said all the original disks to these back up work flawless no disk read errors or anything..i would think it it was a laser problem it would do it with all the disks. ?

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you gotta make sure that you insert the disc under that lip on the left side of the tray, i get careless somwtimes and just pop it in but the disc isn't under that lip so i get read errors. usually if you pop it in and can then spin it freely you're ok. hope that helps.

5. Dills2214

Dills2214 Regular member

also i always turn off the unit to put the boot disk in and then power it up. If i just hit reset, or put it in after powering up, i'll get the red screen too.

if i power down, put disk in, then power up, it works 100%

6. darthnip

i get that too sometimes, i usually can just reset 4 out of 7 times. weird

7. darthnip

i get that too sometimes, i usually can just reset 4 out of 7 times. weird - damn i hate when i hitthe button twice on accident hehe

Last edited: Apr 3, 2003
  8. madlady

madlady Guest

problem solved i think i have one bad disk which is the dvd disc. and your right the cd disc is strange. powering down the machine is much better ..well its been a exprience in a whole ..but everything seems to be working fine now..

9. darthnip

thats not surpizing to me, when i first got my swap magic discs, the cd disc was bad, wouldn't do anything at all. tell me, are you getting to the "insert disc" screen with the dvd disc? if so i dont think it's your disc, thats all that disc is designed to do, the system is in a paused state when that screen appears and the role of the boot disc is done.

10. Dills2214

Dills2214 Regular member

yeh if your hitting the "Insert disc screen" you discs are fine. Your burning needs work :p

11. madlady

madlady Guest

no im not getting the insert disc screen with the dvd disc..it just doesn't read it.the disc was a bit scratched so i tried a new one and the problem is no more..all back-ups play fine. the cd version is touchy if you boot it 6 times it my only boot to the insert disc screen twice and the brower screen the rest and you get the res insert ps2 disc that you get if there is no disc in it ...that why im saying it was the disc ..new dvd swap works great.: )

12. darthnip

cool, there must have been a bad batch of discs that were put out, i hear of people all the time that get a bad cd or dvd disc.

13. madlady

madlady Guest

yea..so far so good no problems ..im glad because i was getting ready to pack it up reattach warrenty label ans send it off to sony for repair. what a pain..although they gave me no problem on the phone ..i still have 2 months left on my warrenty .