1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help for dvdrw setup

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by caddles, Aug 10, 2004.

1. caddles

caddles Member

can a couple of ppl give me their opinions. my pc has 2 hard drives (main one is primary master, other is primary slave). i want to install 2 dvdrw's (one for burning (nec 2500a), other for scanning and ripping (liteon 411s) on the same pc. in the setup guide it says "in most cases, it is best to setup your dvdrw as the secondary master or slave (on the 2nd ide channel) so as not to interfere with your hard drive (1st ide channel)". so should i take out the primary slave hd (rarely used) and install my main dvdrw as secondary slave? or is it better to install the main dvdrw (used to burn) as secondary master and the other dvdrw (scan and rip) as secondary slave? or is there a better setup? thanks in advance.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Bingo! That's the configuration I'd recommend. It won't work for on the fly copies but I don't recommend that method anyway.

I love posts where the options are laid out and I just have to pick the correct one :)