1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help from PRO's!!! PSTwo power up problem....

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by 6ixtynin9, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 6ixtynin9

6ixtynin9 Guest

My PSTwo slim suddenly cut out on me after swaping the lense. I kinda thought the reason behind it is because I accidentally broke the power button off of the reset switch board when I was trying to fit the case back together. So I replaced the reset switch. Even after doing so, power still won't come on. The indicator light would usually turn red if PS2 is connected to power, but I see no lights. I'm certain that power are being supplied because I have a PS2 light kit installed in my PS2 and that turns on. Are there any fuse in the slim model that can be replaced. If so, can that be the case for the power failure? There was this battery-looking thing that is wrap in some green plastic that I was fooling with. Don't know if that might of caused it to stop suppiling power. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2. Meneldur

Meneldur Member

Well, yes, there are lots of fuses inside your PStwo. You should access the mainboard and look for PSxx labeled parts. Those are fuses. Using a multimeter (in resistance mode) you should check if any of them is open. They all should show zero resistance. If one of them not, it's open. In this case, note the label of that fuse (as I said, PSxx) and look at the board for the commercial name of that fuse. You will have to buy a spare one.

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Is your slim a V12? Does your slim have a laser fix? If so which one? Did you remember to remove the anti-static solder blob from the new laser?

My thinking here is that you might have a PIC type of laser fix installed in your slim and that when you put in your new laser you didn't remove the anti-static solder blob. This would trigger a PIC fix to not let the console boot properly perhaps.

Have fun!