1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help gathering info...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Indytour, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Indytour

Indytour Member

Before we get started, let me say that I am by no means new to modding consoles, just the PS2 :)

I do not want to buy a mod chip, so I have been looking into the flip top case. Reading about these, I find most come with Swap Magic (I think that is the name) CD and DVD. These sites say it won't work on newer PS2's, which I have. I got my PS2 for Christmas this year. I think it is a version 5001 (at least that is what I have been told on other sites lol). So does the Swap Magic work with my version? Or would I have to use my GS2v4? I really like the look of the flip top and would like to do this mod. I want to do this mainly because m games get loaned out a lot (me and my friends exchange on a regular basis) and I usually end up getting them back in poor condition, so I would like to be able to make backups with my DVD-R drive. Thanks for the help guys!

~Andrew

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the dvd will work for you, just not the cd. You will be able to play most ps2 games except for the ones that require cd loader because that requires the cd to work. there is a list of games at http://www.swapmagicfix.com that will currently not work for you. the Swap magic 3.0 dvd is supposed to make it so you don't need cd loader, but who knows when it will come out.

3. account

account Guest

4. Indytour

Indytour Member

Ok. None of the incompatible games on that list are ones that I own so I should be ok. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer for the flip top and Swap Magic? Also, how much does the SM cost to upgrade (for when version 3 comes out)?

Again, thank you guys so much!

~Andrew

5. Indytour

Indytour Member

bump...

~Andrew

6. Xian

Xian Regular member

As far as I know, there is not an upgrade path to Swap Magic 3, you have to buy it again.

I have bought 2 fliptops through http://www.chipzone.com Both arrived in about a week.

7. Indytour

Indytour Member

ok, very good. I am assuming I need the V10 fliptops?

~Andrew

8. Indytour

Indytour Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004