1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help getting 2 VCD's on one DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by SSHawg, Oct 13, 2004.

1. SSHawg

SSHawg Member

I know this question is thrown around here quite often, I searched the forums for quite some time, but did not find what I was looking for. Can someone tell me, from start to finish, how to process two VCD's (.bin/.cue files) (please list all steps, from extraction, to joining(if needed) to re-encoding (if needed) into a format that is ready to be authored to a DVD. The process that I used last night did not work. Please list any software you use as Perhaps software is my problem. I apprciate your help.

Hawg

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, on the D:\MPEGAV (D:\MPEG2 if it's a SVCD) directory of the (S)VCD or into the .BIN images should lie the AVSEQ01.DAT files (AVSEQ01.MPG if it's a SVCD). It's better to 'mount' the images, first, and simply copy the files on C:\., or you can extract them from the .BIN (with VCDGear or VCDEasy).
    These files, the DATs, are the movies but they are two 'ripped riff files' and must be converted to 'true MPEG' files using the above mentioned applications (VCDGear is freeware).
    Third, two true MPEGs can be either put on a single CD and joined before putting the joined file on a VCD. To join them, use TMPGenc-->MPEG Tools-->Merge & Cut. With type choose 'MPEG-1 Video CD'.
    To make a VCD or a DVD and to put into it two mpegs or the joined mpeg there's a guide on the Guides and Articles section http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/.

But remember: the movie quality won't get better then the original quality. The result to make a DVD must be only for archiving purposes (1 DVD = 5 movies with VCD-quality).

Sorry, but I cannot make a 10-pages guide on a simple post. Read the existing guides and study the applications.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  3. SSHawg

SSHawg Member

Thank you for the reply. I have used the guides on this site but have not had luck in merging .mpg's with MPEG2VCR. Using TMPGEnc I was able to join the .mpg and thus burn the entire movie. Thanks again for your time.