1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help getting dvd to come off onto computer

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kookie56, Dec 1, 2013.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I want to convert "Castle" S2 D2 into avis.
    My problem is, I can't get the dvd to come off onto my computer.
    I tried DVD Shrink and got a message saying there is a redundancy issue.
    I tried dvd decrypter and it won't take the file off.
    I tried anydvd and got the message that the writer (F) is not ready.
    Is there a program out there, that I can use to get this DVD onto my computer?

While I am here (if it is not against the rules) Is there a program out there that can take the place of Nero?

I would appreciate any help I can get about the DVD problem.

Thank you.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

DVD Shrink works to change the size of an already decrypted file. It will not rip your DVD.

DVD Decrypter is an old program and will not be able to rip your DVD.

AnyDVD should be up to the task. Are you using the latest version? An alternate would be to try DVDFab.

Once you have ripped your dvd, you can use ImgBurn in place of Nero to burn your files to a disc.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

borsoft.com website brings up web page warning why would that be me wonders & it is not a free software ,member rulisky mentioned dvdfab that is able to rip for free always which in turn will allow shrink to work on the video

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed

5. Mez

Mez Active member

I will add a bit of extra information about DVDShrink. I suspect you have successfully been using Shrink to decrypt your DVDs but your sample size is small.

Shrink does decrypt but it has not been updated in about decade. Any DVD encrypted with current encryption technology can't be decrypted with Shrink. Even if the DVD appeared to decrypt fine does not mean it will play all the way through. That said, over the last 5 years, more DVDs are coming out with old simple encryption. If you do use Shrink for this purpose you need the play the DVD all the way through ASAP.

I forgot to mention that error can also be caused by a bad surface. Examine the surface; is it dirty or scratched?

6. samiapple

samiapple Newbie

Backing up Home-made DVD to Computer

Aiming at this home-made DVD without any copy protection, you can get a free DVD ripper, like Handbrake to copy them to computer. As an open source video transcoder, Handbrake has capable of ripping unprotected DVDs to MP4 and MKV for saving and playing on computer and other devices. Below is a step-by-step guide to rip and save home-made DVD to computer with Handbrake, in case you can't handle it on your own.

Step 1: Insert DVD to Handbrake

Cliick "Source" button on HandBrake and tap your DVD drive. Then, HandBrake will begin scanning the DVD titles immediately and select the main title for you spontaneously.

Step 2: Select output format and folder

In “Container”, you can choose MP4 or MKV as the output format on your computer. Then click "Browse" to choose which computer folder you want to save the ripped DVD video to.

Step 3: Begin the DVD backup process

Hit the green "Start" button located beside "Source" button to begin copying and saving DVD to your computer hard drive.

Handbrake can’t solve protected DVD, so for copying commercial DVD to computer with Windows and Mac, we need Handbrake alternative.

Backing up Copy-protected DVD to Computer

Not like Handbrake, Pavtube DVDAid(Mac version) is a closed-source DVD ripping tool. So it has more power like ripping and backing up home-made and commercial DVD disc, DVD IFO/ISO to nearly all popular formats MP4, MKV, H.265, M3U8, MOV, AVI, FLV, ASF, etc.

Step 1: Load DVD disc to the software

Insert your DVD disc into your computer DVD drive, then launch the program, from "File" menu drop-down list, select "Load from disc" to import source DVD disc movies to the program.

Step 2: Select output format

You can choose any format to output for storing on your computer like MKV, WMV, MPEG-2,etc. But MP4 is recommended since it has wide compatibility with multiple players, good video quality and small file size so that you can transfer it to your iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S6, iPad for watch one day.

Tip: Open "Profile Settings" window, here you can adjust the output video codec, size, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channels to make the ripped DVD to computer in better quality.

Step 3: Backup DVD to Windows and Mac computer

Carry out the DVD ripping process by hitting the right-bottom convert button to start to copy DVD to computer at ultra fast speed.

7. Mez

Mez Active member

It has occurred to me the problem is that the movie is in an i s o fomat. If that's the case you need to b urn it to a disk first. You can burn with Nero DVD decrypted or image burn.
    typed on a cell phone that edits what I write.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you both know the last post was about 10 months ago, don't you?

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

samiapple spent some time on that oldie and it triggered Mez... Good thing there is no electric fences near them. [​IMG]

10. Mez

Mez Active member

I surely know that since i was one of the timely responders. After reading everythin aagain i got a different take on the problem. We're you worried about space or that our mind's have addled. What i am posting might make me a pear addled. This auto correct function is killing me.

No sign of DVD Xbox. I guess he got his fill of the web. I hope he didn't lose everything he had. I have everything on a stand alone but that is infected with a bad USB malware. I have stopped connecting any USB device to that computer. I am fearful to try 2 remove anything. I lost all my disks once and was lucky enough to get it all back. That trick didn't work a second time. Fortunately that disk was expendable. I learn from my mistakes. One thing I have learned is don't trust anything you downloaded from the w eb. They have way too many man in the middle routines. I am sure router mal w are has that ability. That can be applied from a driveby. Everything you download has a backdoor payload. I am sitting behind an enterprise level fire wall. I can download old utilities and get the actual size. It is unnerving to discover my computer was infected when i thought it was clean. To bad I can't get the clean versovwrsons off this computer. It has no ins or outs. at least I know the hackers are far trickier than i thought.