1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help getting into Windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Wyattspop, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,
    I have a Gateway Win 7 home pro and I can't get it to go into Windows..I can however get into BIOS, can anyone recommend a fix I can perform within BIOS to get me started? I would prefer not to wipe it since I didn't have a chance to do a recent backup. Most of my stuff is backed up, but I'd rather do a soft reset and try to save my data before wiping it.
    Thanks so much

2. aldan

aldan Active member

more questions than answers right now.what led up to this happening?does it show your boot drive in the bios?

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If your main drive is still functioning then after posting you should see some indication of it trying to boot into Windows. So how far does it get when you boot and what messages do you see? Have you tried to boot into safe mode? So far all we've got is that you PC will post, meaning it's showing bias info. What we need to know is if your drive is being recognized. So look in your bios to see if your drive is listed. If not then you might want to check the power cable and SATA cables to see if they're connected. If that doesn't make a difference then you could have a failed hard drive. But let's check all the other points first.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The drives data can be accessed from any other computer once you put it into a caddy

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Only if his drive is still functioning, but so far nothing in the original post supports that it does. If the drive is still functioning then Windows can be repaired.