1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help getting my backup games to work

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by EzPs2, Mar 23, 2007.

1. EzPs2

EzPs2 Member

I have the file to put onto disc, But everytime i burn the game and put it into my ps2 (it is modded) It says disc read error or please insert ps1 or ps2 formated disc, I'm using these discs.
    http://www.clickonit.com/picts/Datawrite/226069.jpg

What do you think is going wrong?, I have tried Nero, Imgburn, Alcohol 120, Dvd decrypter and afew others nothing seems to be working i just keep getting the same errors as i said above, I went to the guy who modded my ps2 he says everything is fine with the chip and my real games work, Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Edit: I have all the equipment and know how to burn/rip ect, Just can't seem to get um to play on my ps2, Also on a quick note the guy who chips the ps2 is very good he chipped my cousins ps2 and it works fine.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

what write speed are those dvds.datawrite media can either be made by:princo(sucks),Prodisc(sucks),CMC Mag(don't get me started),TTG02(crappy TDK),TTH02(not bad),Ritek(not bad but not the best).tell me what write speed you have and we can solve the problem.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

cause #1 is most likely your low quality media
    cause #2 could be that your PC burner needs a firmware update
    cause #3 could be the speed that they were burned at

Suggestions:
    1. Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Philips or Sony 8X DVD-R discs
    2. if there is a firmware update on the internet for your buner then you might as well update
    3. use IMGburn or DVD Decrypter to burn the 8X media at 4X speed

and BIGnewb is correct, you really can not tell with some brands what quality it is just by the name on the disc because they outsource the making of their DVD's to other companies. Meaning that you could have 2 packs of the same discs that use different dyes (and are different quality). Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim this should not be a problem. If you are in the US and buy online then i suggest supermediastore.com