1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help getting started..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Epitaph, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Epitaph

Epitaph Guest

okay i was just wondering if the evox has to be burned on a cdrw disc and why? .. also i was wondering what is the most reliable soiderless mod chip to buy? and where i should buy from.. and do i need a mod chip before i can set my xbox up to read back up copys of games? like can i hook my xbox up to my comp and get all that set up before i get my chip? any resonce would be of great help thanks :)

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

To do anything besides play original game disc's you will need a modded XBox.
    Everyone has there own opinion on which chip is the best so your better off reading as much as you can about each and figure out which is right for you.
    RustyDog

3. Matador

Matador Regular member

If ur just interested in runnin "backup" games then you might try.One of many Exploits thats out there.
    I suggest that you do the audio exploit first w/Pbl w/evox.Then select the "backup" function in Evox then install ConfigMagic then Backup eeprom.

FTP over "backup" [dir] in C:\ and eeprom backups in E:\ to PC.Once Evox FTP support is establish.

All so make sure that the [eeprom backups] key/hdd key matches the one thats displayed on the screen when runnin Config Magic.
    Thats so you be safer then sorry.

After you make sure that the key is right then you can install any XTF exploit on ur system.

This will work like a mod chip.Will let you runn any unsign code.

P.S. Audio exploit has the same functions as the XTF exploits.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  4. Epitaph

Epitaph Guest

sorry im really new to this and im not totally sure what u mean Matador, whats the audio exploit? and what is Pbl? if u could would u mind posting a more detailed explanation? Thanks for the replys though guys

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2003
  5. Matador

Matador Regular member

pbl =Poenix Bios Loader:Will allow you to boot bfm BIOS.

bfm = Boot from Media:Cd's,dvd's,hdd's, no chip!

So you can lauch some Xecuter BIOS and evox BIOS with out having any "real" modchip.

Audio Exploit:It's not like the XTF exploits at all.You will all ways have to boot with a ->copy->copy->new soundtrack.This will load up evox or what ever you set as ur default dash.Now theres a no cd audio exploit too.

When i mean copy I mean when ur in MS dash the green on.You can copy Soundtracks to hdd when intallin this exploit.It will let ur run unsign code.

THis is helpfull cux any people fusk up there xbox doin the XTF exploit.Not cux it's hard but cux the "clock loop" and Some time "User" errors.

So having ur hdd key will let you fix ur hdd if for some reason you mest up.Most people just rush in and install the XTF exploit but they don't do there homework.So when they unplug there xbox and get loop.Their mad at ppl cux they didn't tell them what would help.

P.s. You will be safe first intalling Audio exploit to get hdd key then if you want intall XTF exploit's.