1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help. Have v3 with apple chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by molsen, Jan 5, 2003.

1. molsen

molsen Member

I have a v3 with a apple chip an I cannot get any copied games to boot up. I look at the directions and it mentions put the disc in and hold the reset button for 2sec and release and all should be well. But it is not. I have been trying for 3weeks with no success. I have tried every kind of media and still nothing. I can play dvd-xcopy dvd movies in it with no probles. Does any one have an suggestions. All the games I burned do work in a v7 with a messiah, but I sank enough money in mine. The place I got it from just give me the run around.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Try this again:

It is assumed that your machine is in the "Off" mode

PS2 games

Press EJECT button to switch on your machine.(tray will come out)
    Insert PS2 game in tray, then press/tap the RESET button once.
    Tray will close by itself, PS2 reboots and the game will load.

DVD movies

Press EJECT button to switch on your machine.(tray will come out)
    Once the browser/system config screen shows. Select and go into browser.
    Insert DVD movie in tray, then press EJECT button to close tray.
    If the disc is not detected within 3-5 seconds. Press EJECT button to open tray. Once the tray opens fully, press EJECT button again to close tray. The disc should be recognise at least by the second time.

PSX games

Make sure disc (game) is in machine, then power off machine
    Now hold the RESET button to start up your machine. Only release the RESET button once you see the first power (3-5 seconds) on screen on your TV.
    Your PSX game should now boot (If it shows the PSX game as an audio cd. This means that you didn't hold the RESET button long enough. So repeat PSX loading instructions but hold the RESET button longer this time round when booting the machine)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2003