1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!! - Homebrew Apps/Games on M3 Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by BoltNut, Apr 6, 2007.

1. BoltNut

BoltNut Member

I need some help!!! I've been reading the M3 Simply threads for quite some time now, and I FINALLY got an M3 Simply!!! I had no problem loading the firmware, and setting-up/using MoonShell. My old game ROMS are running just fine w/emulators, but I'm having troubles with homebrew apps & games...

I can get the apps/games on my microSD card alright, and they even load just fine in M3! The only problem is that I have abosolutely NO touchpad support on a lot of the games/apps (BubbleWrap, DrummerS, and DSe Notepad, to name a few).

I'm also having troubles getting DSOrganize to run... It installs & loads just fine, but after loading it says that I am "...not using a card that is compatible with Chism's FAT library." It says I need to run it using a GBAMP (or compatible) card, but why do they have a bin file for M3 Simply/R4, then??? I did replace the bin file with the one they suggest to use for M3 Simply, but it didn't help. It seems like, at startup, the program only checks for NinjaSD & Max Media CF & then gives up... Is there a way to force it to search for my M3 Simply @ start-up? PLEASE HELP!

Homebrew apps & games are the main reason I chose the M3 Simply, so I'd GREATLY appreciate it if one of you MOD geniuses can help me out! After reading a boat-load of forums over the past week, I think some of you guys should be in MENSA!!! (That's a society of geniuses for those of you that SHOULDN'T be in MENSA.) ;)

THANKS!!!

2. BoltNut

BoltNut Member

ADDITIONAL NOTE: It seems to mostly be games & apps created with PaLib. I hope that helps you to help me... :)

3. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

some games act wierd no matter what.

what's palib?

anyways, you probably just need to patch it with dldi. download win32 gui or dldirc and then download "r4tf.dldi".

with the gui, it's pretty sraightforward, point it to the dldi file [r4tf.dldi] and then point it to the binary [dsorganize in this case]. patch.

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

There is a known problem with games that use palib and touchscreen support on the M3DSS and R4DS, developers are not sure whats causing it but are trying to fix it, it only effects games developed with palib. I never realised so many games were effected by it. I only had MegaETK not use touchscreen for me, but that game dosn't rely o it to be playable.

I'll see if I can find where I read about the palib problem.

EDIT: Well I can't find where I originally read about it, but while looking I did find that there is a newer version of palib available whch fixes the touchscreen support, so it's just a case of waiting for the developers to update their programs.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  5. BoltNut

BoltNut Member

Awesome, thanks Mr. Hankey! I'll patiently await some new releases. I updated DSOrganize to v2.7 ALPHA & patched it, and it's now working fine. Sweet little app, too!!! Thanks again for your help!

6. Involved6

Involved6 Member

Hi, Everyone, Im new at all this - got my (new) DS a little less than a month ago, and my M3 Simply yesterday my fried has been helping me set it up, but weve both run into a problem we cant fix: I have no problem whatsoever connecting to games online, WFC setting are all good, and they all work, but no homebrew apps work. I have sylphAMP, DS AIM, etc... and non of them seem to work.

Sorry if I opened myself up to "serch n00b lol", but I did a quick scan and couldnt find anything. Im very interested in gettin involved in the community, nd was wondering if this was a common problem, hopefully with an easy fix.

7. Involved6

Involved6 Member

Sorry for double post, but re-reading my post, Ive found something I have to clarify:

my Homebrew apps work. They do not connect to all the internets. :)

8. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

go to the wifi settings [from inside a game] and give your ds an ip address. also, you can open up command prompt, and type in: "ipconfig /all" [or \all?] and put in ip address, subnet mask, gateway, dns.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  9. Involved6

Involved6 Member

Thanks!

I guess I had to manually enter the ip for the DS. the auto settings wont work with homebrews for me