1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help hooking up!

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by meatdog76, May 17, 2007.

1. meatdog76

meatdog76 Member

Hello all. New to the board, first post. I am looking to find the best way to hook up the following components. I have a Sony KDS-50A2000 tv, Sony PS3, Sony DAV-DX375 Home theater, and an HD/DVR cable box from Comcast.

I was going to run the PS3 and cable box to the TV via HDMI and the home theater to the TV via component cables. I am stuck trying to find out how to run my surround through the PS3 and cable box. I am confused and might be going about this totally the wrong way. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks!

2. meatdog76

meatdog76 Member

I am so lost. How do I connect the components listed in my original post to get the best connections that I can with the inputs/outputs available? I think I can use hdmi to the tv from the PS3 and receiver. I can then run component cables from the hd/dvr cable set top box to the tv. Do I need to run any other connections? I would like to be able to use the speakers with my home theater system when I play blu-ray discs via the PS3. Do I need to run a connection from the home theater receiver to the hd/dvr cable set top box? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3. meatdog76

meatdog76 Member

Appreciate the help! Great website....