1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help...hope this is right spot

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by mstrblst, Feb 6, 2004.

1. mstrblst

mstrblst Member

I posted this in another area but I think it was the wrong spot.

Hi my name is Bill and after reading the posts in this forum I went and checked out DVD Red Pro and have been corresponding with them but I'm still confused and I'm hoping someone here can help me further.

I'm trying to find out if DVD Red Pro will connect to my current DVD recorder and my dual-deck VCR both manufactured by Go-Video so I can duplicate copyrighted and non copyrighted VHS tapes to DVD and vice versa. I've established that the DVD recorder is ok but I'm not sure about the vcr. I read the steps for connecting the DVD Red Pro and I am lost with it's use of just two cables. I've established through my messages with DIMAX support that I cannot use the component, yellow-white-red cables so I'm stuck.

Here is my current setup and connections available on both my DVD recorder and dual-deck vcr. I have my DVD recorder connected to my VCR and digital cable so i assumed i just needed to hook up the DVD RED Pro between the DVD recorder and my vcr using the single connections, correct? My trouble is understanding where exactly these single connections connect to on my respective devices.

I looked at my various connection capabilities on both my vcr and DVD. On my VCR I have two line in's...line 1 has a yellow video connection along with one white audio (L) and one red audio (R) connection; line 2 has a yellow video connection along with one white audio (L) and one red audio (R) connection; and finally the last set of connections is Line Out with one yellow video, one white audio (L) and one red audio (R) connections.

On my DVD player I have more connections. On one labeled LINE IN 2 I have Video In - one yellow connector, Audio In - (L) white and (R) red then there is a separate connection labeled s-video in. On another set of connections I have P-scan with one connection labeled R/Pr in red, another connection labeled G/Y in green and another conenction labeled B/Pb in blue. I then have connections labeled as Audio Out with a connection labeled (L) in white and another labeled (R) in red. Besides these I have another set labeled Video Out 1 in yellow and then another connection labeled s-video out. The last lone connection I have is labeled Coaxial and is in orange.

How would DVD Red Pro connect with the above connections - anyone - please????

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m sory But I don"t Know what a DVD Red Pro is...

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I looked on Line to see what it was and it seems like it is Just a fancy over priced Video Stabilizer, and yes it should work for removeing Copy protection, All you would do is Hook it in between your Video Source and Your Video recorder, How it hooks up is up To you figure out after you Buy one..Dont Worry as Long as your Devices have standard Inputs and Outputs it will work, it should not be anything to be concerned about .....

4. mstrblst

mstrblst Member

5. mstrblst

mstrblst Member

ok thanks minion. i'm not sure of how it hooks up that's the problem but i guess i'll see if anyone else has any input. why do you say overpriced, i'm not familiar with this stuff?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can Get a Standard Video Stabilizer for about $30 that will do the same thing ,It might not have all the Same Inputs/Outputs...As Long as your DVD Recorder and your Video Source has a Composite(RCA) input/Output or a S-Video Input/Output it will Work...So the Reason why I say don"t worry about it is Because there are only 3 Types of Video Connections on Video Recorders/DVD Players/VCR"s and the DVD Red Pro Has at least 2 of them to the Chances are allmost certain that it will Hook up no Problem unless your Equipment has connections that No other devices in the world have which is very Unlikely I mean Impossible..So I can Gaurantee that it will Work, But for that proie you can Get a dual Format 4X DVD Burner for your PC and Make Much Higher Quality DVD Backups...Cheers

7. mstrblst

mstrblst Member

Minion,

Check your messages I sent you a private one. To recap one of my problems is I'm not sure if my dual-deck vcr has the proper connections for a video stabalizer, i.e. the DVD Red Pro. I posted the types of connections both my DVD Recorder and dual-deck vcr had in my initial post.