1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help in Backing Up games!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmwking85, Dec 28, 2002.

1. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

Hey i was wondering if anyone could help...I've been trying to backup some of my games but it doesn't seem to work.

I have a dru500a, gs2(v1.9), no solder modchip for version 4, ps2 version 4, veritas recordnow software, and memorex dvd-r media. (and windows xp if that matters)

I have tried many games but it never loads using the normal method for dvd-r backups.

Do i neeed to change sumthing of my materials or am i just doing sumthing wrong?

THanks to anyone who can help.

2. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

Isthere a big problem with the no solder modchip? Kuz i read that it works wit gameshark2....but is that false?

3. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

or do i need the "swap magic 2" disc

4. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

can anyone help me?

5. xioa

xioa Member

you need a magic 3.5 or magic 3 mod for dvd games, you cant use the usb pieces of junk

6. chris777

chris777 Guest

bmwking85_

I have a no-solder mod too. I use Swap Magic v2.0 and it works fine. Try that.

7. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

thanks chris..i think i'll try that

btw: how well does the swap magic work?

8. chris777

chris777 Guest

Works great except for Hitman 2 and Baldur's Gate. Does anyone know if these work w/ GS2 or AR2?

9. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

A no swap mod and an action replay 2 or gameshark2 is not a good choice cause it wont boot dvd games (well it will with another swap method that is only new so I dont know it)

10. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I guess the No solder works for some Versions of PS2 to play DVD backups. I read that somewhere on the internet.
    Well, if it isn't working just be glad, because....now it's the time to get a real modchip like Messiah or Magic (I guess Dela_ agrees on this one)

The messiah rules ..

11. Dela

Oh ye I agree on that one WizKid. No point gettin a chip that will be useless tommorrow!

12. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

*cough* I sell and install no-swap modchips, the Magic 3.1 particulary(it's the latest Magic chip).

13. Dela

Thats no secret like!.....

14. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

i already have the no-solder one....just asking if the swapo magic will work with the materials i have so i can play my dvd-r backups.

15. freakyg

freakyg Member

Supleh2, I thought the Magic 3.5 was the newest. I ask cuase I installed one for a friend, it works perfect, but it says 3.5. Could it be a working fake?

16. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

The Magic 3.5 is not really the Magic chip, it's a clone of the 3.0 with a clip kit combined with it. The 3.1 is the NEWEST chip and has a sleep function, as well as being DVD9 Ready.

17. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

but will the backups work dvd-r and v4 no solder modchip when using swap magic v2.0??

18. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

Don't think that no-solder chips are successful with dvd-r games.

19. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

seriously?..it said it was and what about dvd+r's
    the chip said it was for dvd-r backups..has anyone had this work for them.

I realy would like to know kuz it is frustring me and i don't want any soldering for mod chips. Thakx if people know about this working!

20. bmwking85

bmwking85 Guest

i just wanna know for the stuff i have....kuz it won't boot at all