1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help instaliing windows xp

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dvd8man, Jun 25, 2004.

1. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

I'm Sorry this isn't a video question but I need some help. I totally erased my hard drive to reformat. but when i try to install windows xp from the disk. It tells me it can/t find end user lisince agrement (EULA) and i don't know what that even means. Thanks and hope you can help! dvd8man

2. colw

colw Active member

EULA - End User Licence Agreement.

It essentially means that you need to have a legitimate original and Serial Number to install the operating system.

If you do not have these, you may have problems installing XP.

There are workarounds but not legal.

3. Derr_lol

Derr_lol Member

Did you not back up your hard drive first?
    Chances are you will have to take it to a local computer shop and let them install it for you, they have programs to fix those sort of things and they dont charge that much, my XP just went out one time its a fluke with XP and I did not have a XP disk and they got mine back up and going and did not even lose any of my programs, so if you have a disk then you should have no drama's

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

DVD8man ~~

Assuming you have a genuine Windows XP CD -- it comes in some sort of envelope or giant folding pamphlet normally.

Look at it and see if you see a logo picture of a Key followed by the words Product Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

When you are asked to enter the serial that is the number you must CAREFULLY type in.

The EULA is a long text file put on the Installation CD -- and is presented to you on the screen so you can tick YES i agree or NO i disagree ; then carry on your installation.

Missing this on a legitimate Cd ; I have my doubts !!!

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2004
  5. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

Its a real disc i got the key and every thing its just when i try to instal it starts and then about a minute later the cdrom drive is idel and the computer is not doing nothing. and then if i take the disk out and try to start up the computer it say some thing about the EULA. well hope you can help because the computer shop wants 90 bucks to install windows and i have done this many times before. well thanks for listening, dvd8man

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

OK, looks like you getting the installation screen display right?

when installing an O/S system it is normal that your drive would go idle for awhile ; what does it say on your screen ?

During XP setup you will have periods of time where nothing seems to be happening , but in fact a lot is going on ~~smiles.

Can you be more explicit and tell exactly step by step what you get after you have initiated the installation of XP.

7. dvd8man

dvd8man Member

Ok thanks for all you help Guys I decited to put the disk in and go to sleep and when i woke up it wanted me to restart and wow I was in windows setup installing, and setting up windows. Thanks Dvd8man

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Was what i thought all along -- Windows XP installer does a complete check of your PC BEFORE starting the installation ;it may take awhile and you thought it was not doing anything !

Enjoy your new clean install !

9. devil60

devil60 Guest

Hell my XP go's out a lot all I do is turn off my PC restart and hit F12 and move up to the reboot from my E drive so after it has time to load the XP CD is lorded and go from there to formant and reload. This PC is now 5 years old and it is going down hill

PPSS
    it may take awhile like as muse as 2 Hrs to re lode and set up just Windows XP and here is the XP Home page

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/default.mspx
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]=Once A Marine Always A Marine:=
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
    - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2004
  10. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Minimum Requirements :-
    ---------------------

PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;1 Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended

• 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended (64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)

• 1.5 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space.1

If you meet those requirements -- There is no reason why WindowsXp Home Edition cannot give you acceptable performance.

Unfortunately the way you are describing your problems , does not make for an easy diagnosis. Perhaps you could explain in more details how is your ""OLD"" Pc acting when you are having those problems.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

11. shiroh

shiroh Guest

only 256MB of ram is the lowest acceptable to me, and should be for everyone too.

12. devil60

devil60 Guest

Hi Jeanc1 it dose and what is now going on is the power that is buning out. Its on 18 Hr a day 7 days a week as will as a being a dam IBM. I have a new Dell on its way and I get it all put in it for only $1500 (or $45 a Mo.) No more jacking arond with a PC. You name it and I have it put in With dell you can customize your system and not take what thy what you to have www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=gen
    _
    "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he how sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."

13. devil60

devil60 Guest

By the way dvd8man end user lisince agrement is the No. that you need and you cant use a copy as it will not have all the parts that is needed

14. devil60

devil60 Guest

You will see aq lot of my post with This message has been edited since posting=== I cant type or spell == I holp you all will put up with it you dont need to spell to be A Marine just be willing to kill and make love to all the woman you can

Devil60