1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help, just bought a Wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Buendia, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Buendia

Buendia Member

Hey, i just bought a wiikey, and have successfully installed using a soldering gun and now have a few questions as what to do next (My wii is from the first shipment, camped out to get it).

First off, i read most of the threads and is it true the only DVD burners that will work for wii modchips are the LG ones?

Secondly, for the backup games, assuming my burner is okay, i would need DVD discs, just curious as which ones cause the least trouble, and where to buy them.

Finally, the main reason i want this chip or to use it, is to play SNES games the old classics, is this the best way to do it? ( i dont like VC, bugs me how most good games are not coming out on it)

2. Buendia

Buendia Member

sorry, for double post, but was at top of the list anyway...

To add on from my first post, is there a better way to play older SNES games on wii? I dont like playing emulation on computer, doesnt have the same feel as console. And just curious about backup games, after installing all the requirements, what does nero do? like does it add on the roms ive downloaded onto the disk?

thanks!

3. Rusko

Rusko Member

To answer your second question. I heard Maxell DVD-R burned on 4x speed will work fine. You can also try Verbatim. I have used neither these, but I read good reviews on them. I used Memorex DVD-R, but that didnt work. I can't answer your other quetions though.